Author Topic: operation templar preservation  (Read 8566 times)

Offline starlord

operation templar preservation
Hi, how about preserving this seemingly very rare campaign: operation templar (single player)?
It seems this campaign went out only in the game of the year edition of freespace 2, But I think we all deserve to eradicate once and for all the hammer of light.

Should anyone have this campaign, could he/she send it to me, and perhaps put it on hades combine?

thanks for your advice.

starlord.

Re: operation templar preservation
Here ya go.

Just extract and place in data/missions.  :yes:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's in the original game as a multiplayer campaign. You can play it by yourself by starting a LAN game off a multiplayer pilot. You will get respawns this way, which is how it was designed to played.

Offline starlord

Thanks, but it's curious: the file doesn't register as a .rar on my comp: what is this file supposed to be? there is no extention...

Thanks for the help anyway.

regards.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Here is a copy converted to single player.

Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline starlord

Thanks again, this version seems OK.

Another thing also which would be good to preserve would be the single missions (all right, it is not a campaign, but they are good) given along with the silent threat campaign: I got the french version of FS1 and silent threat, but I was suprised to learn that there was 30+ single missions along with it: I got only about 12: I liked some of them very much: the manhattn project, the black knight, the virgina trail..., but some of them I didn't have so I couldn't try: the peace (something) mini campaign (7 missions) and so on...

It would be good to preserve those also at hades combine, no?

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Destiny of Peace is being/has been remade.

I think.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Wait a week. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Is this campaign being worked on/supported? I just finished it and I noticed a bug in the 3rd mission debriefing.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
:necro:

Here is a copy converted to single player.

Does anyone have this?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Quote from: CP5670
It's in the original game as a multiplayer campaign. You can play it by yourself by starting a LAN game off a multiplayer pilot. You will get respawns this way, which is how it was designed to played.

A while ago, Interplay re-released FreeSpace with the Templar campaign modified to run in single player. It's the exact same campaign, just in single player, which makes it terribly unbalanced. There's nothing very interesting about it in the first place.

So listen to CP and run it in multiplayer. That way you get respawns like you're supposed to.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Here it is again.

I also posted it on hades combine:

http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=357

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:17:14 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You know, that campaign had so many bugs and was really screwed up.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline starlord

I finished it, but GEEZE LOUISE WAS IT HARD! :drevil:

I HATED mission 3. Mission 4 was quite hard in itself and you had that wierd ISIS transport that would drop to 25% hull integrity yet would never blow up. That's when I learned that an ISIS CAN survive a double cyclops blow  :lol:.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
GEEZE LOUISE
You don't happen to know anyone named Marcia Baker?

Offline starlord

Tell me more  :D

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
That's her favourite saying.