Author Topic: Designated Timeframes for Releases  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Designated Timeframes for Releases
Woomeister:

Please release a general idea to the HLP public on the contents of the MOD packages in due release and their designated timeframe of release.  All will be understood as being TENTATIVE.  This will help the community in getting a good idea on the potential release of Inferno as well as hungry MODders who want a piece of the mods. ;)

Thanks,

Rampage

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I really tired so I hope I did this correctly:
http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/inferno/packcontents.txt

This is a list of all our ships/stations/props that will be found in the ships.tbl, we have quite a few weapon models too.
I've listed them by release and then pack.
Should be about 138.

release timeframe:
release 1: due very soon
release 2: hopefully a few months later
release 3: late this year/early next

note I won't answer any questions on ships you haven't seen.

Offline Bri_Dog

Will we be able to have all three releases installed together?
Sig

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah, all missions will work in the final release, and you'll need the R1 and R2 mods to run R3.

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Woomeister
This is a list of all our ships/stations/props that will be found in the ships.tbl, we have quite a few weapon models too.
I've listed them by release and then pack.
Should be about 138.

If you don't mind me saying... you must be ****ing insane. I mean that in the best way possible. :nod:
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For the number of ships, or for the fact i went through them and sorted them by pack? :D

Offline J.F.K.

Both. :D For what it's worth, I absolutely can't wait for this beast to be released... if only just to see the FreeSpace universe transformed, to see it buzzing with new ships I've never seen before. The actual missions and storyline will be a bonus. You'd better finish this, or...

:hopping:

(:))
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Bri_Dog

Yeah, all missions will work in the final release, and you'll need the R1 and R2 mods to run R3.

GRoovy :yes:
Sig

Any delays now are simply due to us completing the Inferno experience. We're totally gutting a lot of the original FS2 content, short of the interface, music, weapon art and a few of the utility ships.

The second Ancients demo was utter garbage compared to the completely renovated campaign we'll be releasing. I fully expect it to be able to compete with the likes of TBP and perhaps BWO for your attention. ;)

Sid.

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by SadisticSid
Any delays now are simply due to us completing the Inferno experience. We're totally gutting a lot of the original FS2 content, short of the interface, music, weapon art and a few of the utility ships.

The second Ancients demo was utter garbage compared to the completely renovated campaign we'll be releasing. I fully expect it to be able to compete with the likes of TBP and perhaps BWO for your attention. ;)

Sid.

You've really got me sitting up taking notice. Before you release the thing I'm going to be dead on the floor from suspense. :)

Offline Bri_Dog

Originally posted by SadisticSid

Sid.

This is why Inferno is one of the TCs I CANNOT wait for.

You guys kick ass!:nod:
Sig

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I still class INF as a campaign. We haven't totally changed the universe like other TCs, but we hope that we've developed enough content so that other campaigns will occur in the INF universe.

I seriously doubt there will be a campaign as big as this one again, unless someone takes all our mods, and all of other campaigns mods and adds them together :D

Offline Bri_Dog

Well I still class INF as a campaign. We haven't totally changed the universe like other TCs, but we hope that we've developed enough content so that other campaigns will occur in the INF universe.

I seriously doubt there will be a campaign as big as this one again, unless someone takes all our mods, and all of other campaigns mods and adds them together :D

But it might as well be a TC, you guys are getting rid of most of the old artwork and replacing it with your own. Basicaly you made a new game with the same engine, in the same universe.
Sig

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Bri_Dog
But it might as well be a TC, you guys are getting rid of most of the old artwork and replacing it with your own. Basicaly you made a new game with the same engine, in the same universe.

Well, then it really depends on your definition of a Total Conversion. Of course, for starts a Total Conversion has to be... total. To my knowledge, there are still many elements of the original FS2 remaining in Inferno. So it doesn't meet the requirements for a 'total' conversion. It also doesn't occur in a different universe (eg. S:AAB or B5), so it doesn't meet those requirements either. Conversely I think it's vastly too large to call merely a campaign... I don't know what you're going to call it. :p :)

Offline Bri_Dog

Originally posted by J.F.K.

Well, then it really depends on your definition of a Total Conversion. Of course, for starts a Total Conversion has to be... total. To my knowledge, there are still many elements of the original FS2 remaining in Inferno. So it doesn't meet the requirements for a 'total' conversion. It also doesn't occur in a different universe (eg. S:AAB or B5), so it doesn't meet those requirements either. Conversely I think it's vastly too large to call merely a campaign... I don't know what you're going to call it. :p :)

meh...I just want to play it.:D
Sig

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by J.F.K.

How about we just call it "Inferno" :p
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Analazon
How about we just call it "Inferno" :p

Hmmm... fascinating proposition... nah. :D

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
So the other packs will be released with the campaign then?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Some more will be released beforehand.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
wOOt ;) Nice work on the MOD content list Woomeister :yes:

This campaign is :nod: Sweet! :nod: