Poll

The TSJ Icanus, the Terran Superjuggernaut. Am I the only one who thinks that having the Earth Alliance build a ridiculously big superjuggernaut is unrealistic? What do you think?

The Icanus rocks, it shouldn't be touched at all.
9 (52.9%)
Keep it the same, but make the Punisher a bit weaker, so the Gigas has a chance of winning.
2 (11.8%)
Tone it down, make it a little smaller , give it a few less hitpoints and make the armament a little less powerful.
1 (5.9%)
Make the Punisher's damage a little less insane and make the Icanus smaller, less protected and armed.
1 (5.9%)
Get rid of it and make up a better way to kill the Gigas.
3 (17.6%)
Keep it the same, but make it only 50% operational by the time the Gigas arrives.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 06, 2006, 12:14:09 pm

Author Topic: Icanus  (Read 49773 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You don't want updated nightmares?

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
edit: I will never ask again
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:39:54 am by BS403 »
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Quick question about the icanus, is it's name from the lord of the rings?
"Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Icanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not."
No!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:48:08 pm by Mefustae »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I thought you've made updated nightmares...

It isn't true,right? :(

You revamped... The Nightmares? :wtf:

If you did... ;7

Of course I did.  Why else would I release those crappy versions?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Let's change argument,it's better...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Erm......not to sound noobish, but i havent seen this Icanus, or this 'Diablo' you speak of, is it in a campaign?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You did play Inferno, right?

You did play Inferno, right?

Inferno R1, yes, but long time ago, and my memory isnt what it used to be. :blah:

I'd download it and play it again, but my ISP is being an evil mongrel.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Diablo = Shivan Superdestroyer

Icanus = Terran Mother****ing Superjuggernaut

I see.

Hmm, i gotta agree. This idea of being a spectator and watching two superdestroyers exchange beam fire until one dies, without being able to affect the course of the battle much, is a little frustrating.

Solutions i thought up are :-

1. Enable the player to fly some sort of 'super bomber' equipped with a beam cannon (obviously meant for short bursts, deplete energy as quick, or quicker, then a maxim gun)

2. Give the player super bombs (Meson Torpedoes?)

3. Give these super giant mega ultra mothership destroyers WEAKSPOTS! (a reactor or something the player can target to make the whole thing go boom, then make him fly for his life to get clear of the blast)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well you know, I made a draft for a Gigas/Icanus duel, that would make it much more sane and much more involved for the player.

It would start off with two Apothess destroyers at long range, sniping the reactor subsystems of the Gigas. Shivan carriers launch fighters and bombers to try and kill the Apothess destroyers. When the Gigas' reactors are destroyed, the Gigas would 'not be able to fire its main subspace weapon'. Then, when the reactor subsystems are down, the EA launch a large attack on the Gigas so the player has time to destroy the main URed cannons of the Gigas. When these are down, the Icanus warps in at medium range and begins firing upon the Gigas. Enemy Juggernauts/Destroyers will warp in to destroy the Icanus, as well as heavy Durja bombers attempt to destroy the main gun of the Icanus. When the Gigas is near 20% health, the Icanus has an overheat in its main reactor or something, then the Shivans launch a huge attack on the Icanus. When the Icanus gets back online, the Icanus fires once more and kills the Gigas.

nobody noticed that VC necro'd another thread?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I noticed, but I don't care since I still like this discussion and it's MY thread. :P