Author Topic: OMG. MW:2.  (Read 20882 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Okay, FMJ it is then.  I always liked Deep impact.  Juggernoobs can't hide behind those walls and NEVER DIE anymore.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm really not liking the multiplayer as much as the first one either. It seems campier.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Thermal sight is thermal ****e. I prefer normal scope. and C4/semtex.....
i saw a vid on a grassy map, and the thermal sight was kickass in that is made the enemy glow white and MUCH easier to see.
but also, if they lay on snow, they are invisible.
and then there's EMP, but does anyone use it?

Bought MW1 this weekend......FUXING AMAZING!!! If the campaign for MW2 is longer, its worth it, cohesive or not....
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's not longer, it's shorter. And while MW1 was indeed ****ing amazing, MW2's campaign doesn't really have the same 'wow' moments. In fact, it's told mostly told through disjointed cutscenes.

I am extraordinarily annoyed at the Halo 2-esque multiplayer right now. People running around with akimbo shotguns and dual Uzis are bad. The camping is worse.

Akimbo shotguns and dual Uzis is bad.  It could be worse though if everyone is a bunnyhopping n00b.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Mah. . . We all use infinite sprint and semtex or claymores now. . It's the new bunnyhop.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

So MW2's MP has gone the Halo MP route? :ick:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
With the difference that Halo is actually fun and MW2 is a cluster****.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's not longer, it's shorter. And while MW1 was indeed ****ing amazing, MW2's campaign doesn't really have the same 'wow' moments. In fact, it's told mostly told through disjointed cutscenes.

I am extraordinarily annoyed at the Halo 2-esque multiplayer right now. People running around with akimbo shotguns and dual Uzis are bad. The camping is worse.

It is too longer, by about six missions, IIRC.  Total gameplay wise maybe an hour.

As for the multi, people had better get tired of using akimbo shotguns and dual uzis by the time I get it, or I will have to quickly show them how bad an idea that is.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
So is it still "Call of Grenade: Grenade Warfare" in multiplayer? That was what finally turned me off to CoD4.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

It is too longer, by about six missions, IIRC.  Total gameplay wise maybe an hour.

As for the multi, people had better get tired of using akimbo shotguns and dual uzis by the time I get it, or I will have to quickly show them how bad an idea that is.

It's shorter; I blew through it in four on Hardened. The missions are either perfunctory or padded, and they never feel as satisfying as MW1's.

And as for the akimbo shotguns and uzis: that's the problem, my friend. It's not a bad idea. The maps have so many corners they're practically maze-like.

I was a good player in MW1 (about a 2.0 kdr, a bit under, primarily used an AK-74 class so it wasn't all hiding with a rifle) but MW2 is just exponentially more frustrating. Part of it is the subtle but pervasive lag, part of it is the new killstreaks (need moar Stingers), part of it is the god-awful map design.

So is it still "Call of Grenade: Grenade Warfare" in multiplayer? That was what finally turned me off to CoD4.

Nope, actually, frags got nerfed pretty hard, and I don't think the '3x Frag' perk exists any more, though I'm not completely sure.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
don't they use nade launcher moar in this one, espically with the free refill for most ammo perk..?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yep, there's a lot more tubing.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Huh, sounds like I should be glad I canceled my order of MW2.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
All in all I found the game disappointing.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Having just seen that review, is the ONLY thing wonky about MW2 its storyline?

If that's true, it seems to be a lot better than you guys make it look.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Battuta has also pointed out poor map design, bad netcode, and bad balance for streaks to you directly already as problems with the multiplayer.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

Battuta has also pointed out poor map design, bad netcode, and bad balance for streaks to you directly already as problems with the multiplayer.
and utterly horrid direction for online multiplayer for FPS games (no dedicated servers on the PC, or mods, or anything that can make a PC community a PC community, taking full as much as they can other than h4X control of the online experience; WTF, I WANT 32-PLAYER S&D).
thee mechanics are solid, i have no delusions about that, but i just can't consciously support a company with such backward thiinking... i was hoping that one could eventually see legit modding on console games, UT3 was promising, but... :doubt: