Author Topic: Gauges that annoy you.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Gauges that annoy you.
I am trying to create a mission in FRED based on WiH. As such, I wanted to fly a Karuna. So, I created a brief cutscene showing the karuna in all its might. I used the UEFg Karuna#player in FRED however when I start the cutscene the "Weapon Control Gauges" ( "Mass Drivers: Automatic" , "Gauss Cannons: Automatic" and the "Apocalypse Torpedoes: Automatic") and ship distance gauges at the left-bottom of the screen still appear on the screen. Let me make it clear, the HUD gauges are toggled off during the cutscene but not those ones.

Is there a way (SEXP or table edit) to toggle them on or off during a cutscene? The only way they turn off is if I press the [.] key on the numpad.

I want the red circled part toggled (NOT removed permanently).

<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Re: Gauges that annoy you.

I wonder if "disable-HUD-except-messages" coud work here.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Re: Gauges that annoy you.

I wonder if "disable-HUD-except-messages" coud work here.

YOU ARE A GOD! Thanks man that really worked!  :nod: :yes:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun