Author Topic: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta
Just to let you knwo, CoH2 is going into open beta for about two weaks, meaning it's free to play during that time. I'm going to check it out, and hopefully finish the campaign by the time it's out. :) Multiplayer fans will probably want to buy it, but I'm an SP guy. Also, mind that it's 10GB in size.

Re: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta
Finish the campaign? Isn't the OB just MP?
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It's just too bad it's only a prettied up original CoH from what I've seen so far. That and WW2 is kinda overdone theme by now.

I'll probably get this when it's cheaper.

It includes the World War 2 real-time strategy game's multiplayer mode, with competitive and co-op play, on six maps. You'll also have access to the first 45 levels of the game's progression and bulletin system.
Not sure what exactly it means by "45 levels of the game's progression". 45 sounds helluva lot of missions for single player campaign, so probably doesn't mean that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
45 levels of the game's Call of Duty style ranking system, I'm sure.

Those 45 levels are grinding CoD-style for perks for your units, yes. :doubt:

And oh, the irony of the setting being overdone on only the second game in the series.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I only really enjoyed the original's SP, but I did enjoy it through all the expansions, so **** it, let's roll them T-34s.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

aww shiit, I missed regular ol' pub rts gaming. The reddity **** screed for not being a super-alpha-dawg, pro-dew-chugging, army-man-manipulating super-stud, it brings a tear to my eye it does. *sniff*
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Finally downloaded it. No campaign, sadly, but I've tried out a match against AI. It plays quite nice, I think I'll buy it once it's 75% off and a little bit cheaper overall.