Author Topic: Wc Saga mod in Pcgameplay game magazine  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wc Saga mod in Pcgameplay game magazine
I'm not sure if you guys are already aware of this or not but as I was flipping through the december edition of Pcgameplay I came across this:

For the very few who don't know dutch (hey, if it ain't dutch it ain't much =P ) a more or less translation:
"WC3 was a milestone, not just for the space sim-genre but also in the way games were being presented. More then 10 years before mass effect, it allowed gamers to enjoy a interactive cinematic sci-fi story with real characters. After the excellent WC4 and very enjoyable Prophecy, the franchise came to a halt. EA released the 360 live arcade game WC arena and there were some rumours about a new next-gen WC being in production but for now it doesn't seem like there will be a new can of cat food to be opened any time soon. Fortunately there is the team behind WC Saga, a standalone Freespace2-mod which will tell a story parallel to that of WC3. The campaign will contain 35 missions, a dozend characters and a involving plot. There will also be a multiplayer part. "
(Text on the screen: Just like in WC3, you'll be able to land in hangers of capital ships.)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Wc Saga mod in Pcgameplay game magazine
Didn't know about that one. Thanks for posting and translating it.
Its interesting to see that WC related stuff is still spaning articles or people refereing to it even after 10 years.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Yeah, it's always nice to have WC Saga mentioned in a gamer magazine once in a while.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
No problem  :)

Its interesting to see that WC related stuff is still spaning articles or people refereing to it even after 10 years.
Well the folk at pcgameplay really love their WC, it's pretty often named and once they even had a comical though nonsense 1 page article about needing volunteers to be shot from catapults at EA's HQ. All for the purpose of convincing EA to make a new WC game.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Nubarus

That's the article I read and landed me here.  :cool: :D

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Press. It works!  :D
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
The picture looks like a shot I took... very much... I should check some of my older postings now.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. That's the one I ment:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2088/screen0039nc6.jpg
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:15:10 pm by DaBrain »
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The picture looks like a shot I took... very much... I should check some of my older postings now.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. That's the one I ment:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2088/screen0039nc6.jpg
Certainly resembles it though
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Actually it is one of DaBrains screenshots, made back in the days when ATI supplied bloom shaders with their drivers. ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis