Author Topic: Little Anxious for Diaspora? Got some cash to blow?  (Read 4146 times)

Little Anxious for Diaspora? Got some cash to blow?
Actually I don't know if these are still available, and from the sounds of it, they probably shouldn't be (maybe with enough hunting or persistent e-mailing it could be), but there's definitely a certain allure for those who have dreamed of being in a Colonial fighter.

http://io9.com/5146586/launch-the-alert-vipers-with-your-very-own-battlestar-car

Offline newman

Re: Little Anxious for Diaspora? Got some cash to blow?
Damn, that's one ugly car. Sorry I don't feel the appeal at all.. :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You CANNOT be serious

Hahaha, I wouldn't buy one...  Amazing that someone made any amount of money selling these kits...  Through the 90's no less, long after BSG's popularity had expired...

Offline newman

You CANNOT be serious

I can, and I am. Vipers are beautiful. This car isn't. I'd say it was badly designed but to say it was designed at all would be an inaccurate statement. This is what happens when you try to force a shape meant for one thing (flying) into a shape made for the other thing (driving). You get the worst of both worlds :)
I'll give it a point for sympathy, as it reminds me of this thing:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:04:17 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You CANNOT be serious

I can, and I am. Vipers are beautiful. This car isn't. I'd say it was badly designed but to say it was designed at all would be an inaccurate statement. This is what happens when you try to force a shape meant for one thing (flying) into a shape made for the other thing (driving). You get the worst of both worlds :)
I'll give it a point for sympathy, as it reminds me of this thing:

http://www.flytecrewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/trotters-robin-reliant.jpg

:lol: true, but still, doesn't the idea of strapping yourself into a 'cockpit' instead of a 'driver's seat' and cruising down the highway appeal to you at all? Hell, I'd even throw in an 'Engaging afterburners!' when I slide the thing into 4th gear (if it has that many)

Offline newman

I prefer to enjoy my driving in cars, they're much better at it.
There's one thing this hybrid would be great at: making you immune to women :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
yeah um...   I think your more likely to pick up the visceral thrill of a viper driving a rally car then that thing.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Kind of looks like a pimped Reliant Robin...

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Hey, the one On_Your_Six posted isn't that bad, IMO. Although... I do love the yellow one Newman posted on here :D
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

"The one" Newman posted is a legend.

The other one is a monstrosity. Like Newman said, driving is for driving, Vipers are for flying.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Heh that yellow jallopie reminds me of this open topped three wheel cushman utility cart I used to use at the golf course.  Thing was old as dirt but it was a three speed manual and it could rumble along pretty good on flat terrain.  It was a hell of a lot more fun then that thing in the original post looks ;)

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Actually, the one newman posted is normally sat in a front garden about 600m from my house :)

It's a copy of Del-Boys 'Mota' from Only Fools and Horses :) Oddly enough it does quite a lot of wedding work....

Ahhh yes, Mr. Bean's arch nemesis...  I should have made that connection earlier...  haha!

Offline Snagger

What a piece of crap!  It doesn't look like anything but a generic sci-fi fan boy embarassement.  It would never need a second seat, for women or for men, because no-one would ever admit to knowing the owner, less accept a lift from them. :wtf:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
What a piece of crap!  It doesn't look like anything but a generic sci-fi fan boy embarassement.  It would never need a second seat, for women or for men, because no-one would ever admit to knowing the owner, less accept a lift from them. :wtf:

:lol: That's soo true

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I think it looks cool...:( Lol, but then, I don't really see it as a "Viper". I just see it as a nifty car concept.

Offline Solatar

I see a go-kart.