Author Topic: Diaspora 2nd Voice Acting Casting Call  (Read 28972 times)

Offline newman

Re: Diaspora 2nd Voice Acting Casting Call
Newman, what do you need said by the Commander. And I'll get started today on it today. Theseus arriving, commander on deck. And taking over cap duties for the fleet.
Gun batteries Alpha  through Echo, prepare  for target bearing. Switch to salvo fire. and target their center axis. X.O. send a marine detail to secondary D.C. central. Prepare 
to repel cylon boarding party.  You can P.M. me if you would like.

For now we're still modifying the dialogue here and there, so you're best off just recording the examples as we outlined in the first post of this thread. Of course if you want to add some extra lines of dialogue like you gave an example of in your post, go right ahead, just make sure you've also done the lines we outlined in the first post. If everyone does the same lines it gives us a baseline comparison to work with.
The way this works is, first we assign roles based on availability of actors and the samples they sent, then we give you guys the actual lines to record (once we have the mission texts final). For now, we just need those examples.
Thanks in advance for your contribution!
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll get started now buddy. I want to help in anyway I can. You guys are doing the hard stuff.
Anything I can do is a privilege. And my pleasure. Thanks again.

I'd love to help out.  Let me know when you need me!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well the first post has all the details. Just follow them and send in your audition.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Z3R0115

I was wondering if It would be acceptable to make 2 versions of the dialogue list and send them both

1.) being exact, word for word, what is listed for auditions

and

2.) A version that (I'm assuming) still fits or delivers the same point but is Either slightly different than what you have listed or has been changed mostly

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
As I said in the first post we don't mind you making your own lines up completely as that actually makes it more likely we'll use them as is. Just bear in mind that you can't make assumptions about the enemy in them as the lines might be needed for missions where you take on Tauron Rebels or some other non-cylon enemies.

This reminds me.  I need a new headset.

Once I do, I'll be happy to give it a go.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Z3R0115

As I said in the first post we don't mind you making your own lines up completely as that actually makes it more likely we'll use them as is. Just bear in mind that you can't make assumptions about the enemy in them as the lines might be needed for missions where you take on Tauron Rebels or some other non-cylon enemies.

I will keep that in mind, Thank you.

My only other question is: do you want me to add a static effect at the beginning/end of each clip? I'm assuming no because you guys would make your own but I just figured I'd ask lol

Offline newman

I will keep that in mind, Thank you.

My only other question is: do you want me to add a static effect at the beginning/end of each clip? I'm assuming no because you guys would make your own but I just figured I'd ask lol

No, keep your clips clean - that way our sound guys can work with them as they like.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Z3R0115

I figured :p

I guess I might as well mention then that if needed i can do some sound effect work. Although I'd assume you'd just rip most of the effects out from the show since the best way to replicate a bsg experience would be to have accurate audio and effects, but In my free time I spend alot of time with music production software such as ableton live or fl studio or alot of NI's stuff and Know my way around synths, modulation software etc well enough to make decent effects although I mostly make music it's much the same concept just on a smaller scale (hence easier for the most part :p)

Offline newman

I figured :p

I guess I might as well mention then that if needed i can do some sound effect work. Although I'd assume you'd just rip most of the effects out from the show since the best way to replicate a bsg experience would be to have accurate audio and effects, but In my free time I spend alot of time with music production software such as ableton live or fl studio or alot of NI's stuff and Know my way around synths, modulation software etc well enough to make decent effects although I mostly make music it's much the same concept just on a smaller scale (hence easier for the most part :p)

Actually, no we don't rip anything directly out of the show. We do all content from scratch, but we try to emulate the feeling of the show as best we can.
We already have sound engineers but why don't you link us some examples of your stuff so we can get some idea of what you can do?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I understand it's REALLY early days still, but i just wanted to confirm that you recieved my e-mail however long ago it was :/
Much appreciated  :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline newman

From what I can recall we did indeed receive your email and (while I will have to go listen again, was a while ago) I think I actually liked your submission. Apologies to everyone for being quiet for such a long time, we will be emailing everyone soonish to confirm who's still available and who's not so we can proceed.

Offline Z3R0115

All I have uploaded atm are full length songs that for the most part I'm not at all crazy about If you want I can link one or two of those, I have some free time right now so i might just put a little "sound effect" demo together and throw it up for you guys since I have something stuck in my head anyways XD

but let me know if you want a song or two of mine linked as I also have alot better projects that I never uploaded just sitting on my comp that also might show a bit more of what I can do? i guess? lol

Oh snap. I did some auditions and now put them all into .ogg... But I thought the FS2_open engine can handle .ogg for voice files, so is that alright?

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Oh snap. I did some auditions and now put them all into .ogg... But I thought the FS2_open engine can handle .ogg for voice files, so is that alright?

IIRC, .wav is the preferred format, as all files have to be edited ( to a point). But i may be wrong on that one.

EDIT: Yeah, i was right.

Quote from: karajorma
Each of the lines should be in a separate 16bit 44khz stereo wav file

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yep, .ogg isn't that useful for us as it loses quaility every time it's edited. We can't use it for much the same reason you don't keep editing a .jpg file.

Yep, .ogg isn't that useful for us as it loses quaility every time it's edited. We can't use it for much the same reason you don't keep editing a .jpg file.

Some people did a research into that done by a magazine (Computer Totaal or CT, dunno which). The quality differences after a thousand saves is minimal.

Got an e-mail from you guys a couple of weeks ago asking if I was still available (of course I am!). I replied to it the day I got it, but I just wanted to extend my thanks for allowing me to be involved in your project! I look forward to recording stuff for real soon!
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious" - Sun Tzu

Normally I wouldn't post in a (possibly) necro thread, but I wanted to ask if you folks are still looking for VA submissions?

Just played through Shattered Armistice and it totally rocks! I got my butt handed to me in a bag but nice to show some toasters how it's done!

Anyway if you are still looking for voice actors myself and the missus would be very interested in submitting samples.

Cyb3R
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:27:28 pm by Cyb3RMini0N »