Author Topic: The Freespace Open Installer doesn't install any executable file  (Read 5613 times)

The Freespace Open Installer doesn't install any executable file
I had installed freespace open several months ago and accidentally deleted it. When I tried to install it now, using the installer from http://www.fsoinstaller.com/ , The mods install fine, but it never actually creates any executables to actually run freespace open, nor does it install the wx launcher, even though it is checked off in the install list. I manually installed the launcher, but it's useless since there's no executables. I've tried installing it 3 times, and it never creates any executable file. Last time I did not have this problem. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Re: The Freespace Open Installer doesn't install any executable file
The Installer doesn't detect when a mod or FSO build is deleted.  You can fix this by deleting the fsoinstaller.properties file in your home directory or you could install Knossos, which is both an installer and launcher..  I'd recommend the latter but you will have to redownload existing mods.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Re: The Freespace Open Installer doesn't install any executable file
Thank you so much  :)