Author Topic: naval units?  (Read 7282 times)

Offline starlord

Hello, since the banshee MOD is very advanced as far as ground combat is concerned, I've been woundering if it might be possible at some point to do naval units (sea vessels). Would this be possible in the banshees MOD? is this compatible with the story in your later chapters?

best regards.

i have no idea what they're doing, but once it's relesed feel free to take to stuff ad play around with them.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hello, since the banshee MOD is very advanced as far as ground combat is concerned, I've been woundering if it might be possible at some point to do naval units (sea vessels). Would this be possible in the banshees MOD? is this compatible with the story in your later chapters?
I'm not sure how they're handling the water effects, because that's going to be really hard.

But it's been discussed that it is already possible to do a submarine game with aquatic missions.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Will the new shader system help?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Will the new shader system help?

Regarding water effects? Not at the moment at least. Animated normal map would generate very realistic waves (not to mention biological ship surfaces like Shadow Battlecrab or Vorlon ships' surface animations...), but alas, normal maps can't be animated at the moment.

Proper material system would probably be able to handle such things though, so likely at some point effects such as water will be possible to make realistic.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline starlord

what about minimizing water effects for now? Say create a steady flat blue ground and ships on it (tanks=boats)? would that work for now?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Animated shinemap and diffuse map?