Author Topic: RELEASE: Blue Planet: Chanticleer  (Read 15080 times)

Re: RELEASE: Blue Planet: Chanticleer
Oh, okay, I see.  Run it in fast debug mode, let it crash, and then upload the debug log.

I know I must look stupid but, how do I run it in fast debug mode ?

Fast debug mode is right above the "open debug log" button.

I had this issue as well last night. I’m not sure if it is a mod issue or a Knossos issue, though I have only seen it with this campaign so far.  For some reason, the mod doesn’t seem to be pulling up any FSO build unless I go into Modify FSO Settings and manually select a build. Even then, not all of them work. I went with the latest RC and that gave me a few non fatal errors and ran.

This is on a Linux Mint install of BBC Knossos 0.15 etc.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Hmmm. I will try fiddling around with this, then.  I'll see if I can duplicate this at my end.

I had this issue as well last night. I’m not sure if it is a mod issue or a Knossos issue, though I have only seen it with this campaign so far.  For some reason, the mod doesn’t seem to be pulling up any FSO build unless I go into Modify FSO Settings and manually select a build. Even then, not all of them work. I went with the latest RC and that gave me a few non fatal errors and ran.

This is on a Linux Mint install of BBC Knossos 0.15 etc.

OK, I've updated the metadata for 0.9.7 - it should default to 23.0 stable as the default build.  I think that ought to fix it, but I'm on Windows and I don't have a Linux box available.

Chanticleer is now released with full voice acting.   Voice credits:

Starring:

Logan Hurd, as Lt. Cdr. Ned Mozingo (https://www.instagram.com/ivehurdoflogan/)
Christine Jennora Duncan, as Cdr. Hannah Tompkins (https://www.christinejennoraduncan.com/)
Madeline Marie, as Ensign Lara Silverman (https://www.instagram.com/madeline_marie313/)
Justin Allen Kirck, as Lt. John O'Connor (https://twitter.com/JAKirck)
Lara Palanjian, as Lt. Alice Grinberg
Jake Berman, as Capt. Bryn O'Keefe (www.53studio.com)

Also starring, in order of appearance:

Karlee Finch, as Rajput captain
Lafiel, as Firefly comms officer
Erica Mays, as White Guard Gemma Arquette
Lawbrosteve, as Reunion comms officer
Joe Russo, as Major Ian Kemp
Ting Ting Lee, as Boxer captain
Alex Gallyn, as Charles de Gaulle captain
Gabriella Ripoll, as Cowley Station comms officer
Jon Ossip, as Utopia Station comms officer
Maiaxgaia, as Lone Wolf captain and Maitreya comms officer
Mito, as Malta comms officer
Matias "Sparda" Margulies, as Phoenicia Kappa 1
Perhelion, as Utopia Epsilon 1 and Garuda comms officer
Fusion, as Seneca comms officer
Renegade Paladin, as Atreus Sigma 1 and Commodore Hadi
CRZgatecrusher, as Atreus Sigma 2
Cyralist, as Admiral Steele
Tyler Webb, as Churchill comms officer

Missions: 10
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 09:58:19 am by qweqwe321 »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
My goodness, that's a very polished bunch.   Very kind of you to hire all that talent.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

If I'm going to release a Blue Planet mod, it has to be up to the standards of what Darius and company have done.  No half measures.

qweqwe321, I'm afraid I'm having a problem with the checkpoint system in the mission where you are defending the Utopia Planetia shipyards in Mars orbit.  I did something stupid and died during my first attempt, and ever since then I've been stuck.  I get a screen when I load into the mission showing my cockpit for a second or so and then the hud turns off.  In the middle of the screen it asks me to press 1 to start at the beginning or 2 to proceed to the checkpoint.  No amount of pressing 1 or 2 on top of my keyboard or on the number pad can get past this screen.  I try the comms menu and I can hear the right sounds, but nothing shows up on my screen.  I try C-4 just to see if that method is still working, and I hear the comms menu open but hitting 4 just triggers the error sound.

Attaching my log.  Any ideas what's going on?
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

qweqwe321, I'm afraid I'm having a problem with the checkpoint system in the mission where you are defending the Utopia Planetia shipyards in Mars orbit.  I did something stupid and died during my first attempt, and ever since then I've been stuck.  I get a screen when I load into the mission showing my cockpit for a second or so and then the hud turns off.  In the middle of the screen it asks me to press 1 to start at the beginning or 2 to proceed to the checkpoint.  No amount of pressing 1 or 2 on top of my keyboard or on the number pad can get past this screen.  I try the comms menu and I can hear the right sounds, but nothing shows up on my screen.  I try C-4 just to see if that method is still working, and I hear the comms menu open but hitting 4 just triggers the error sound.

Attaching my log.  Any ideas what's going on?

Let me check and see.  It might be a bug in the save system.

Actually: did you rebind the 1 / 2 keys to anything else?

Not so far as I am aware. This is a fairly recent pilot file since I switched to a newer OS a few months ago and reinstalled everything.

Would any of the cap ship campaigns change those keybindings? I haven’t had time to play much FSO.

If I have any spare time tonight, I’ll try again with a new pilot.

BTW, I’ve already reset the campaign once and when I got to that mission the 2nd time, it was already in the same state I’d left it from the first attempt. So I’m suspecting some persistent variable is at play.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Not so far as I am aware. This is a fairly recent pilot file since I switched to a newer OS a few months ago and reinstalled everything.

Would any of the cap ship campaigns change those keybindings? I haven’t had time to play much FSO.

If I have any spare time tonight, I’ll try again with a new pilot.

BTW, I’ve already reset the campaign once and when I got to that mission the 2nd time, it was already in the same state I’d left it from the first attempt. So I’m suspecting some persistent variable is at play.

Figured out what was wrong with it - it was a FREDding issue. The 1.3.1 fix should fix it.

qweqwe321, I'm afraid my problem persists.  I even tried making a new pilot, which reset the campaign.  But when I got to the Mars mission, sure enough, I'm stuck at the very beginning with a screen asking to pick a checkpoint and then it won't let me.  Only think I can think I may need to do different is make a new pilot from scratch rather than cloning.  But I didn't think persistent variables would carry between pilots!

I even deleted the campaign folders from :/games/FreeSpaceOpen/ and reinstalled the mod.  I thought surely that would reset any persistent variables in play.  Any other ideas?

Nevermind, deleted the mod files from the shared directory and everything looks to be fixed!  Going to try playing through that mission now.  Thanks!

Sigh... Nope.  I'm still stuck.  Died once and I'm right back stuck on choosing a checkpoint it won't let me pick.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 08:58:12 pm by perihelion »
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

qweqwe321, I'm afraid my problem persists.  I even tried making a new pilot, which reset the campaign.  But when I got to the Mars mission, sure enough, I'm stuck at the very beginning with a screen asking to pick a checkpoint and then it won't let me.  Only think I can think I may need to do different is make a new pilot from scratch rather than cloning.  But I didn't think persistent variables would carry between pilots!

I even deleted the campaign folders from :/games/FreeSpaceOpen/ and reinstalled the mod.  I thought surely that would reset any persistent variables in play.  Any other ideas?

Nevermind, deleted the mod files from the shared directory and everything looks to be fixed!  Going to try playing through that mission now.  Thanks!

Sigh... Nope.  I'm still stuck.  Died once and I'm right back stuck on choosing a checkpoint it won't let me pick.

Oh, nuts.  Let me do some digging. 

OK, so, can you try going into %AppData%\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\bpchanticleer-1.3.3\data\scripts and deleting the save file there?

Will do as soon as I get an opportunity. Could be awhile. At a conference this week, my parents coming this weekend, Thanksgiving next week, and then giving my kids a tour of a real college campus + renaissance fair.

I love Freespace! I just hardly ever get time to play anymore!
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Finally had a chance to try again.  I'm not sure where the directory you refer to would be on a Linux install.  AppData\Roaming\ is a Windows thing, I thought.  I've tried searching manually and using the search function in Linux Mint and I'm coming up empty.

Something is still getting preserved somewhere, though.  Maybe in my pilot file.

I'm going to try deleting the whole thing and try again with a Pilot I make from scratch.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
If I'm going to release a Blue Planet mod, it has to be up to the standards of what Darius and company have done.  No half measures.

And hell yeah, you did!

I had a few starting problems as in I'm to stupid to keep myself alive in mission 1 and protect the Chanticleer. But I learned from my mistakes, stayed away from enemy gunboats and managed to finish this fine piece of art within a day. I love it that the player heavily relies on his wingmen and proper use of commands.

The visuals (Venus) are stunning, the missions itself are well balanced even for **** pilots like me and there were no plot breakers at all.

The fact this is all voice acted also was a great plus, though I've noticed that it must be hard fo VAers to really scream their lungs out when they're asked to.

Overall superb work and I wish there'd be more like this.

Chanticleer 2.0 is now out.  Get it on Knossos: https://fsnebula.org/mod/bpchanticleer