Author Topic: Request for Lucy (capital02.pof)  (Read 5614 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Request for Lucy (capital02.pof)
Yesterday I noticed FSPort 3.0.3. has its own copy of Lucy (capital02.pof) which has less quality than mv_models one.

I asked about it in FreeSpace Conversion section, (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,40696.0.html), and Goober answered that the main difference is that the Port Lucy has a shield mesh.

Would it be possible to copy/adapt this mesh to the mv_models one so there was no need to use a special port version? Or would it have some kind of side effect on actual FS2 campaigns which use Lucy (like Derelict)?

If possible, can any modeler do it please?

Thank you.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: Request for Lucy (capital02.pof)
Why not just modify the tables and missions so that the Lucy has surface sheilds?

I don't remember FS1 Lucy having a shield effect - it was just a regular capital ship with 'invincible' set.  Right?   :nervous:

Well, I'd say it's ok to have the effect. After all it's supposed to have shields. :)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I don't remember FS1 Lucy having a shield effect - it was just a regular capital ship with 'invincible' set.  Right?   :nervous:
ya.

somebody was aparantly in the mood and had too much spare time on his hands...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
*smacks pecenipicek*

The Port specifically asked for a shielded Lucifer when it was first starting out.  It was one of the first things added, after the basic FS1 ship set.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken