Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908394 times)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Admiral Steele wouldn't have been inspired by a mix of Admiral Villiers and Admiral Raymond Prescott from In Death Ground/The Shiva Option, would he have?

I realised that those two characters are who he reminds me of.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not consciously, at any rate.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline IvKir

After beating that mission, where you fly on UEFg Karuna, i'd like to say that was AWESOME... yep, there is still some.. issues with control, weapon system, i think... but i hope there will be more flying on this kind of ship. ))

Offline Ariel

i got an error when i tried to open the campaign  the  a pic with the error

can someone help with this?

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please post an fs2_open.log. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the FSO FAQ.

The Athens and the Malta!  Ha, I love it!

Offline IvKir

i got an error when i tried to open the campaign  the  a pic with the error

can someone help with this?

Well.. i can be wrong, without .log file can't tell for sure, but i think you got troble with sound packs - check if they up to date and on their places.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:06:16 am by IvKir »

Offline Creeps

Hello, just registered. I have played Blue Planet AoA, also finished it and I think its awesome. Unfortunately I got some similar problem like Tarond had with War in heaven. The game crashes at the splash screen and I get this message:

ERROR: bp2-wep.tbm(line 805:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [+Friendly Miss Factor:               1.4 1]
in weapon: SRed

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 262
Int3(): From g:\fso\fs2_rc3_export\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1155

According to the FS Open installer mediavps_3612 and the mod is fully updated. 3_6_12 inferno and the latest laucher are in the root folder. I also set the resolution to 1024x768 and deleted bp2-adv-visuals and mv_advanced but with no luck. I got the log in the attachments, hopefully it works.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You need to use the 3.6.12 FINAL build. Get it here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70692.0

Offline Creeps

Oh I get it! I needed to use the standard build instead of the inferno one. Thank you very much it worked!  :yes:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
*Sigh*, No you NEED to use the INFERNO build. The build you used before was the 3.6.12 Release Candidate 3 build, War in Heaven specifically needs the 3.6.12 FINAL INFERNO build to work.

Offline Creeps

Yea, sorry im a noob at this. The standard one gave me some errors. I think I used INF sse2 before. Got it working with the final one.

Just finished.

My... word...

Sweet, holy, darling, merciful, ****.

Good night, I think that was the best science fiction of this decade. ****, could be the best fiction of the decade.

If there was a Nobel prize for computer games, this would win all of them.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
My response as i played through the campaign would be inapropriate to post, but rest assured with began with disbelief and a "Fffuuu-" :nod:

I think very few would disagree if i said this campaign has set a new standard. Stuff like the multiple choice missions, checkpoint system and the reinforcement pool idea really takes it beyond being a new campaign, not to mention the depth of the storyline and strategy in the missions (like treb strikes) and movements of ships (how the hell did you pull off the corvette's twisting? :wtf: Is that some kind of SEXP thing?). Things like the three-gun banks on the Uriel (didn't quite sink in to begin with that that's a first IIRC), and the external gun mounts (including the deployment animation for the archer) really put icing on an already good cake!

You guys should really be proud of this; i recall Derelict being a campaign quite cherished by people, and i definately imagine BP is going to be alongside it soon enough!. Good luck with the second chapter! :)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
To paraphrase a game review I saw on some random game box a few years ago: "AoA raised the bar. WiH may transform the bar altogether."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
"AoA raised the bar. WiH may transform the bar altogether."
QTF.

Stuff like the multiple choice missions, checkpoint system and the reinforcement pool idea really takes it beyond being a new campaign, not to mention the depth of the storyline and strategy in the missions (like treb strikes) and movements of ships (how the hell did you pull off the corvette's twisting?
The rolling capital ships and reinforcement pool was hot ****, loved it immensely. :D

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
I understood the point system, no problem. The problem is that I had no idea which options to choose, since I had no idea how any of the combinations would work out tactically beyond - it's a bomber, gunship or capship. I think it could be a cool game dynamic if we were slowly eased into it, had several missions over which to try the system and see what different tacticial combinations do, and of course, if the choices made real tactical changes in the missions.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Funny thing, I already had a good idea what to use, Uriel Gunship and Saturation Wing sounded too obvious for me. :P

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
I wonder if there were any combos that didn't work in the mission, though.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I wonder if there were any combos that didn't work in the mission, though.

If you went all interceptors and Uhlans you might have had trouble. But we do plan to do a mission that leverages that mechanic a little more fully in the future.