Author Topic: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread  (Read 53646 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread
:yes:

Will you consider replacing a few of the bad-looking ships with updated/prettier stuff?

I want Dreamcatcher to look pretty as much as you do Snail. As soon as I have access to updated (read: INF SCP) stuff, I'll update it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just get rid of the Cyone.

:lol:

I don't really like that fighter anyway...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I say it's the ugliest fighter I've seen.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Eh...is it a model made by Aldo? :P

And you shouldn't wait for INF SCP. Porting the campaign from INFR1 to INF SCP would be difficult, Woomeister docet.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yes. Just do something else.

Oh I am not waiting for INF SCP. After it comes out, I'll take a look at what it contains, and if possible I'll port Dreamcatcher onto it, seeing as everything would look that much prettier.

But for the time being, I'll continue to produce it in R1.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And the Cyone?

Thou art not privvy to the inner workings of the awesomeness that is Dreamcatcher. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Are you using Ancient stuff? You may wish to wait until the release of Gateway for a "definitive upgrade".
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Gateways is set after the events of Chapter 1 IIRC (I may be wrong), so there's no help in that.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
But there's new Ancient stuff. Waiting for Gateway should be recommendable. What is DH going to do, upgrade Dreamcatcher two or so times?
The Lightblue Ribbon

If I have to.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Keep in mind that most HLPers will play your campaign once.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Yes, well... it's only the first part of it I'm working on now. And it would only be the first part that would need to be upgraded.

I'll will completely astonished if manage to get part 2 done before INF SCP.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But there's new Ancient stuff. Waiting for Gateway should be recommendable. What is DH going to do, upgrade Dreamcatcher two or so times?

Gateways is coming out AFTER Inf SCP. How long do you think that is going to be?

There could also be major design changes because of Rampage.

It has crossed my mind.

But I do not wish to halt production until that time.

So I guess this'll be one of those "cross the bridge when you come to it" sort of things.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Gateways is coming out AFTER Inf SCP. How long do you think that is going to be?

There could also be major design changes because of Rampage.

I know that it will come out AFTER INF SCP. But it ebsentially is a campaign. One of the major differences between INFA and INFA SA consists in a new, different campaign. And look at it's "WIP" period :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Hmm... I have been thinking.

I haven't gotten a lot done due to midterms and now we're approaching the end of the semester so I have mountains of homework: I'm planning on resuming work over Christmas break.

Anyway, before I do anything: I am wondering if I shouldn't take Dreamcatcher out of Inferno after all. I may keep some ships from Inferno (like the Nemesis), but I think it may work equally well in standard/modded FS2.

The main reason it had been in Inferno is that Inferno offered a variety of ships that hadn't really seen light too much. But the same effect could be achieved by importing a bunch of modded ships (Raynor, Archangel, etc.). Even the Ancient ships wouldn't be a problem, just look at how pretty they are in Blue Planet!

The missions I've designed thus far are simple enough to be ported out of Inferno with little difficulty (I've done this before, moving missions into and out of Inferno, and it isn't very tough at all).

So: what do you all think? Dreamcatcher as part of Inferno, or just another "regular" mod?