Author Topic: I'm searching for Sol: A History  (Read 3578 times)

I'm searching for Sol: A History
Hi guys

The topic title says all. I'm searching the mod Sol: A History. I searched everywhere here in in the forum and with google and other searchengines, but I can't find it. I found many links for the mod, but no link was working. I hope you can help me and I know I need the Inferno mod for Sol: A History. I got it even. And please sorry for my bad English.

Greetings
Beli :nod:
I know that my English is very bad, so please no stupid comments about that. I hope you can understand me.

Galactic greetings

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: I'm searching for Sol: A History

Thank you.

But the link for the fixed tabels don't work. Do I need it?

Greetings
Beli
I know that my English is very bad, so please no stupid comments about that. I hope you can understand me.

Galactic greetings

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If your using any FS Open build you will. You don't need it if your running FS2 retail.

I only use the SCP. I think I'll don't need it.

Greetings
Beli

Galactic greetings

Offline neoterran

lol, you'll definately need it. It won't run on the SCP without fixed tables.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Oh, but the link in the thread do not work. What can I do? I even used google to find a other link which is working, but there's no one, afraid :( That's the reason why I get error messages.

Greetings
Beli
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:51:47 am by GTCv Belisarius »

Galactic greetings

Offline neoterran

Probably a good idea is to wait for Shadow0000 to release his full update for S:AH, which will include all the new graphics in the S:AH thread in Inferno subforum.

Chief Grognard.

hmm, ok. I've seen the pictures to the mod and I love it.

What ever. Then I have to wait.

Greetings
Beli

Galactic greetings

Offline neoterran

I have S:AH with the fixed tables, and even I don't want to play it until Shadow updates it, because I don't want to spoil it. There are many other great campaigns in the meantime.
Chief Grognard.

I actually have a lot of "to-do" things, it's probabily that unless I start with just one I won't do anything, because is something which I could make all in a day, however I really have to submerge in it, for example I have to compare the entries in S:AH's ships.tbl, so I take a FS1/FS2 common ship (not INF's), let's say the GTF Ulysses, then I have to compare it with the FS2's ships.tbl entry, and then with FS1's ships.tbl entry, I have to decide which entries are just "graphic impromevents" and which are just "balance", so I have to be sure to choose right what to left and to trow away...

Plus there have been a lot of changes or troubles later:

1 - FileH is down (**)
2 - The CVS Build. The last one 5/17 gives me total trouble to play in D3D, basically all the GFX is screwed, I am seeing Unmmaped Models, like when you see then in PCS, OpenGL works fine, but I never use it because the MIPMAP is too severe, I can see the Orion Textures with Lo-Res until I am almost touching to it.....(***)
3 - The Media VP v3.6.8 Zeta (It seems to be harmless to the MVP v3.6.8 Delta, but last I upload the INF's Update there were problems). More over, it's all ready announced that not too far away in  the future the MVP 3.6.8 (Final) will be released.
4 - Permission from the campaing's author (Unless I can take care of the others this makes no difference because I am frozen)

(**) I need to upload the last version of INF's Update, which indirectly updates S:AH and adds the Hi-Res Backgrounds, of course it isn't the same as the S:AH's Update I have, but it's better in media than the original.

(***) I think it is a known bug, someone reported with the HTL Ursa, where the lo-res MIPMAPs in the Techroom (actual distance) were loaded, instead of the hi-res ones...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 12:30:50 am by Shadow0000 »

Thank you guys for your good help. I have a final question.

I look on the scrennshots to S:AH and see the ships and the backgrounds, but this looks in my game other than on the screens. Can you say me which settings you're using or which graphiccard you have?

My graphiccard is a nVidia Palit 6600 512 MB. The background looks as if it would have been made with Paint. I think that's not normal ;)

Greetings
Beli

Galactic greetings

Offline neoterran

Those screens are from shadows update. As i have already said in this thread, and shadow has just talked about above, it is NOT released yet.  :doubt:
Chief Grognard.