Author Topic: Best Random Buy  (Read 12962 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I bought Prey for 10 bucks.

I'd have to say my best shots in the dark was Dawn of War and Overlord. Oh, as well as Rise of Nations Gold Edition, and Uprising. Too bad its nearly impossible to find Uprising 2 now.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
HahHah!! I bought it...

Can't find it though :(

Stylish air units for the time :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I bought Prey for 10 bucks.

I'd have to say my best shots in the dark was Dawn of War and Overlord. Oh, as well as Rise of Nations Gold Edition, and Uprising. Too bad its nearly impossible to find Uprising 2 now.

Did you buy it from the Black Market? I thought Prey was being sold for S$50 at local retailers. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
No, bought it from my friend. I persuaded him to let it to me for 10 bucks. He doesn't like FPSes anyway. In exchange I gave him my Generals and Generals Zero Hour. No loss to me, casue I have First Decade, anyhoo.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
i have all c&c except the upcoming ra3, which i am looking forward to.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
nexus jupiter incident, it was originally called imperium galactica 3 however the company in question had problems so its rebadged. if you noticed anything is that game is still basically ig3 just with different ships and characters. i liked it, albeit a bit boring before mission 7.

I know all this.

I disagree, too, I really liked the missions even before seven. Loved that low-tech chemical drive and the plodding pace of combat, especially knowing that more frantic stuff was to come.

And, while it was meant to be the tactical layer of IG3, it's really not much like IG2 at all. As Vidmaster said, IG2 was a 4X.

Offline Al Tarket

lol i never said it was crap, just said that their is not much to do before you meet the pirates after angel transports you somewhere else into a battle that is about to begin.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
HahHah!! I bought it...

Can't find it though :(

Stylish air units for the time :yes:
Yep. I loved the air units, in both Uprising 1 and 2. Especially the amount of firepower they packed into that little frame, even if they weren't boosted.

Offline Al Tarket

lucky me i actually have uprising 2 in my 500 games. i have to say it gets interesting the further you play, and for an early windows game it's pretty good.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Nexus is one of the best games ever made, heretic  :lol:!

Nexus is the only game I've ever played where I did worse on consecutive attempts of the same mission. After watching each and every plan do worse than the last one, and coming full circle back to my original plan and having it do worse than the one I had tried just before it, I concluded that Nexus is a piece of crap. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So is the general consensus that nexus is worth picking up?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's very difficult and slightly glitchy. Make sure you get the patch.

It is, however, gorgeous, lengthy, and very deep.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Best random buy? FreeSpace + ST.

Offline MarkN

Join the Club Aardwolf. Best random buy of mine was also FS+ST.

alongside that, there the original IL-2.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my purchase of fs was not random, i picked it because of descent.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Crusader series? Syndicate Wars?

I actually played No Regret first, then when I got No Remorse I was thinking, "hey, the interface is cleaner, but why only 4 guns instead of a full inventory?"

:lol:, the final days of the MS-DOS age...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Lesse.. Homeworld II would've been one of the best if it had worked on my old machine, but I bought it unrandomly after playing the original by not so legal means... So that makes starcraft the best, closely followed by freelancer

Offline Al Tarket

i do not think homeworld 2 has that special edge hw1 did even hwc had that special edge. where you can select individual fighters and hide them somewhere and make the enemy find you for hours  :rolleyes:, i won a multiplayer game like that he got bored, but now. Homeworld 2 multiplayer you dont get anything more then say 16 people in hw2 lobby at any given time where in hw1 we would have 100 + people. it's become too easy.

to be honest i think even swat4 is better then hw2 :P.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Homeworld 1 and Cata were the best, yeah, but I never really got to enjoy either of them due to constant crashing (pirated crap)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
my purchase of fs was not random, i picked it because of descent.

Hey! I learned about it from playing Descent too! ;)

Got FS2 + FS2_Open 3.6.5 through BitTorrent and made my way here from there. My first post concerned line after line of errors.

I don't usually do random buys, though, and when I usually do, the game(s) I get is usually quite terrible.

Excluding Jets'n'Guns, my next best random buy might be Mini Golf: Megaworld by eGames. I still have the disk, but I'll never install it on any computer again unless WildTangent stops selling Polar Golfer.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?