Author Topic: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer  (Read 37654 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer
Looks like people have yet to notice there is another suppression missile used in the mission other than the Slammer. Pay attention to 1:21 - 1:26. Ordnance in question is called Storm Fire, evil twin of the Slammer dealing death in 200 meter radius. ;) Slammer is more focused while Storm Fire is true area suppression.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That just looks like a glorified Cluster Missile to me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's not. Also, it is Fury's baby, so insult it at your own peril!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Then again the text with the comparison between the two just appeared so even then I'd still prefer the Slammer.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Dear Battuta, my handiwork in BP tables these days is so plentiful it's hard to draw a line what is my baby and what is not. :)

Commander Zane, these two missiles fill different roles in suppression. One excels at taking down several ships, another is potentially capable of taking down whole wings if you get lucky.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
One excels at taking down several ships, another is potentially capable of taking down whole wings if you get lucky.
That both means taking down multiple ships at once. ;) That's satisfaction guarenteed for me. :D

Quite wasting time making us drool and get on with the release!  :p
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
By all means, take your time. I want something truly worthwhile.  :yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's chugging along. It's not like we aren't crazy eager to release, too. We're drooling fans of Darius' work.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I see UEF has what looks like flak... using the maxim impact effect, but w/e...

Also, I notice Ezekiels, and that instead of ship class it's got the squadron name displaying.

And I'm curious as to what that ring-like structure was... looked hostile, on the radar.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Speaking of 'Zekes, which version are you using? The crazy-awsome 8-cannon rape-O-matic, or the Eos, the labotomized clone of the Zeke?

I personally vouch for the rape-O-matic version, though I understand that the tables will undoubtably be altered regardless, as the Zeke was supposed to be quite overpowered... Really, the 8-gun version isn't too much to ask for, as the GTVA (the Terran forces, at least) would need an elite fighter. Whereas the Erinyes is sort of a true space superiority version of the Herc 2, the Ezekiel would make a similarly great "space superiority" version of the Perseus...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Speaking of 'Zekes, which version are you using? The crazy-awsome 8-cannon rape-O-matic, or the Eos, the labotomized clone of the Zeke?

I personally vouch for the rape-O-matic version, though I understand that the tables will undoubtably be altered regardless, as the Zeke was supposed to be quite overpowered... Really, the 8-gun version isn't too much to ask for, as the GTVA (the Terran forces, at least) would need an elite fighter. Whereas the Erinyes is sort of a true space superiority version of the Herc 2, the Ezekiel would make a similarly great "space superiority" version of the Perseus...
It currently has 4 guns and a decent load of missiles.
And I'm curious as to what that ring-like structure was... looked hostile, on the radar.
It's an intrasystem gate, there's a couple of them in Sol. (but you've seen nothing on that trailer, just wait for a vid with a closeup on one of these)
This one might have been captured by GTVA, so it's marked hostile.
I didn't played that mission though, so I don't know for sure.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Neither. That fighter is called the Nyx. Her stats aren't set in stone, but she will be balanced to be player-usable.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That's a UEF fighter then? Post screen shot, please...

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nope, she's a GTVA fighter, and it's just the Ezechiel model that I imagine you've already seen.

We can add or remove gunpoints as we please.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Sorry for the confusion, then, but the statement "she's neither" prompted a bit of misunderstanding...

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Nice cinematics.

That missile hurts :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Guthan

I would cut out the flirting. Its not natural or real in a military environment.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Actually, one of the most notable features of military life is the constant sexual innuendos. Check out pilot jargon for some great examples.

You'll just have to trust us to handle things well. In the meantime, please refer to the first post and the disclaimer that the dialogue is not yet final.

Our character arcs are already in place.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
For those of you worried about the flirt dialogue at the end of the mission, a new draft just went up - something that had been in the pipe for a while. While we're certainly not going to be writing by committee here, I might record another playthrough so you can check it out, just so you guys can see how our creative process works.

Dialogue is the most important of almost any mission, and we spend a lot of time refining it, tweaking the message timing, and making sure it all scans appropriately. I think both Darius and I would agree that we spend most of our FRED time working on messages.

I must say, I've played this mission at least thirty times by now, and I'm still not sick of it. What a blast.