Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 119202 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Well the idea of husks from other species sounds good, makes sense as they wouldn't all be human. Also Melee combat will now play a part in combat, each team member will have a unique melee attack, Sheppard will have a standard melee and a "powerfull" one. I am in 2 minds about melee, while yes i did think the attacks in the previous games were dull and not very convincing, i think it should only play a very minor part.

Also about Cerberus being the enemy, that makes sense as well, as the 2 endings for ME2, even if you keep the base you technically still well, tell the illusive man to go shove it and this is bioware, their games normally always has the good ending as cannon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Luis Dias

I'll buy it even in the Worst Case Scenario.

What is the WCS?

It's easily describable. It's when you find yourself in the last level, obviously inside the Boss Reaper itself, shredding miscellanious husks et al, and you realise that your mission is to hack into the mainframe and place a virus in it, overloading the shields of reapers. Then you see a cutscene, where the Alliance's top general, which happens to also be a goddamned good pilot, finds out that if they just target the red beam slug weapon of the reapers it blows up the entire ship. And then we find out that this chain of events unsurprisingly happened in the same calendar solar day of some old nation's independence aniversary...

I'd *still* buy it.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well the idea of husks from other species sounds good, makes sense as they wouldn't all be human. Also Melee combat will now play a part in combat, each team member will have a unique melee attack, Sheppard will have a standard melee and a "powerfull" one. I am in 2 minds about melee, while yes i did think the attacks in the previous games were dull and not very convincing, i think it should only play a very minor part.

Speaking as a Vanguard if you're not murderin' tons of dudes up close in personal, then you're missing out on being the Fist of the North Star. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Speaking as a Vanguard if you're not murderin' tons of dudes up close in personal, then you're missing out on being the Fist of the North Star.

I am now seeing images of Vanguard-Shep pointing at recently-charged but still standing targets and saying "You are already dead." Awesome.

But yeah, certain classes will definitely benefit from more melee options, but I really hope it doesn't become necessary period.  Theres no reason for my Soldier to close to that range for anything other than a Pistol Execution.

Offline Delta_V

Yeah, and if my Infiltrator gets that close to something, there is a major problem.  :P

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know, they used to be your enemy before ME2, and then are your friend in ME2 for no apperent reason except that you are, apperently, Alpha 1.

I almost expected them to double cross me at some point.

It feels cheap..and it turn the Illusive Man into a moron.
Real great of Bio to give us an ally that no matter what, you'll end up fighting, even when it makes zero sense.

But then again...EA...after DA2, I wouldn't be surprised if ME3 ended up being a Madden clone.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's called marketing. With little modifications you could use same bits to describe Freespace 1. These info bits don't have any hard substance that would make me excited.

Yes they do, they straight-up explicitly describe hard information on gameplay changes (for example: increased weapon customizability; end of 'waist high wall' syndrome signaling areas with combat) that directly address weaknesses Mass Effect 2 had.

Alas, they don't really tell you what they will be replacing those "faults" wiht or how they will be implemented.
Their solution could end up beign 10 times worse....

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's called marketing. With little modifications you could use same bits to describe Freespace 1. These info bits don't have any hard substance that would make me excited.

Yes they do, they straight-up explicitly describe hard information on gameplay changes (for example: increased weapon customizability; end of 'waist high wall' syndrome signaling areas with combat) that directly address weaknesses Mass Effect 2 had.

Alas, they don't really tell you what they will be replacing those "faults" wiht or how they will be implemented.

Yes they did. And yes it could totally end up being 10 times worse, but they told you what they're gonna do right there.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i wonder if there will be an option to have Sheppard die in this one, since its the final chapter of Sheppard, i wonder if she(in my case sheppard is a women) can do the ultimate sacrifice thing, saving everyone at the cost of her life, or a Heroic death for everyone? As i thought the party members deaths in ME2 were well dull and not moving. I think if they did put that option in they should go out in a blaze of Glory, that should move the player to tears! like the ending to Blackadder goes forth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IglUmgYGxLM one of the most powerfull bits of televison i have ever seen, the only bit of tv to make me cry, even today at 28 still cry at it.

As for some reason i prefer the endings where the main characters do the ultimate sacrifice, dunno why, same reason i think the alpha 1 death scene in Fs2 is just better.

PS i also hope that we see female Turians and Salarians since we are visiting their homeworlds!

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
PS i also hope that we see female Turians and Salarians since we are visiting their homeworlds!

There are no female Turians, it's why they are always hitting on other species.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Are you sure? Doesn't some of Garrus' dialogue in ME2 hint at him sleeping with some female Turian spec ops operator or something?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Are you sure? Doesn't some of Garrus' dialogue in ME2 hint at him sleeping with some female Turian spec ops operator or something?

He was joking.

They talked about why they've never done females, it was pretty silly but awesome: they couldn't figure out what they'd look like. 'Do we just put breasts and lipstick on them? What do we do?'

This coming right after a discussion about how Turians were modeled on birds. I facepalmed pretty hard. You've got to be a little thick not to see the answer sitting right there.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It supported the notion of there being female Turians.

Anyway, I think I've seen that interview. For some reason I always get reminded of that horrendous Vasudan pin-up whenever anyone mentions female Turians. :P

EDIT: OH WAIT. I just got what you meant. Fairo, carry on.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:38:06 am by Dilmah G »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Larger and with less distinctive plumage?  :P

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
They talked about why they've never done females, it was pretty silly but awesome: they couldn't figure out what they'd look like. 'Do we just put breasts and lipstick on them? What do we do?'

This coming right after a discussion about how Turians were modeled on birds. I facepalmed pretty hard. You've got to be a little thick not to see the answer sitting right there.

Have they already talked about this??

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yeah man, pretty sure an interview about it is linked earlier in the thread.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Have they already talked about this??

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/04/22/mass-effect-3-creating-garrus.aspx

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
ahh, not watched it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Yes they did. And yes it could totally end up being 10 times worse, but they told you what they're gonna do right there.

PR talk.
"Increased weapon customizabiltiy" can mean a lot of things, especially depending on how it's done.
"End to chest-high walls" doesn't really tell me what they plan to do insted.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You need to keep up, man. Look back through the thread, they talked about their alternative to that. (I'd link it for you but I've got an indoor soccer game to go to, sorry!)