Author Topic: Sharing my Saitek X52 Pro joystick profile for FS2  (Read 7264 times)

Sharing my Saitek X52 Pro joystick profile for FS2
Hey all, I've been a longtime lurker of the community with basically nothing to contribute but loving everything that you all put out.  Right now I'm having a blast in Blue Planet WIH, and just recently picked up an X52 Pro for this game and VR Elite Dangerous.  I was surprised however to see that there weren't any Freespace profiles for this joystick floating around, so I figured I'd upload my own after a few days of tweaking.  Someone on /r/Freespace suggested I post here too.  Hopefully I save someone a few hours.  :)

Reticle and advanced targeting, management of shields and power, and FSO additions for reverse and directional thrust are all included. Single mode w/ pinky shift.  I tried to keep everything somewhat logical, and did the hat targeting so that you're less likely to accidentally switch targets in the middle of a knife fight.

Let me know what you think!

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Sharing my Saitek X52 Pro joystick profile for FS2
I have and X52 but had to abandon using it as the stick-twist suddenly developed a massive right-hand yaw that I couldn't compensate for.  I'm making do with a Cyborg EVO that I picked up for $7.99 at Value Village.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Endar24

Okay I'm a major newb, where do I put this file in order to get it to work in game?  :nervous:

Extract to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles".

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Hi,

I'd have love to see how your settings compared to mine because I'm not totally satisfied with my setup. But attachment
Quote from: Androktasie
[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Shall you put a new link for us to download from?
A+
Jack H. : "Well... There's much more to check than six..."

Newer download link

To be fair I have no idea why the first attachment was taken down; never got any PMs or anything.  If I'm doing something wrong please let me know.

Update 2018-11-06
: fixed the download link again.  Please be sure to disable clutch mode by going to Start > Run > Joy.cpl [OK] > Select the X52 > Properties > MFD tab > uncheck "enable clutch mode". This way you have a working button for the afterburner.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:34:31 am by Androktasie »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Forum attachments are automatically deleted over time to make room for new ones; any download intended to be available on a long-term basis should never be hosted as a forum attachment.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Got it, thank you for the clarification!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Forum attachments are automatically deleted over time to make room for new ones; any download intended to be available on a long-term basis should never be hosted as a forum attachment.

Perhaps we should specify this when clicking to attach?

Instead of:

Allowed file types: 7z, gz, rar, zip, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, txt, tbl, tbm, fsm, fs2, fsc, fc2, log, htm, html, wav, mp3, ogg, pdf, diff, patch, cfg
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 4096KB, maximum individual size 2048KB

Maybe:

Allowed file types: 7z, gz, rar, zip, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, txt, tbl, tbm, fsm, fs2, fsc, fc2, log, htm, html, wav, mp3, ogg, pdf, diff, patch, cfg
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 4096KB, maximum individual size 2048KB
Please note: forum attachments are automatically deleted over time to make room for new ones; any download intended to be available on a long-term basis should never be hosted as a forum attachment.