Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237762 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i see no idea why it wouldnt, honestly.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
UPs....I meant World Edit.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Yeah, it works, if you plan on using the client side plugin to show region selections, I suggest using dev builds of worldedit as I think the release build doesn't work too well with the client plugin.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Really? That's quite interesting actually
How exactly do they manage to do that...

Guessing it's something to do with port blocking but I dunno exactly. I've been looking for workarounds (via google, don't know much about networking myself) but havn't found anything yet, since most of them involve getting into the router settings which are password protected. If you have something I'm all ears.

On the other hand, we have a p2p file sharing network running on the LAN which contains a ton of pirated games, movies and TV series which I can download at 10mb/s...so that makes up for not being able to torrent somewhat :p
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:46:04 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
the only downside being it's in a different chunk to the base, so someone needs to stand next to the oil well for it to work ;)

Why not use a world anchor at your oil rig?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yeah, it works, if you plan on using the client side plugin to show region selections, I suggest using dev builds of worldedit as I think the release build doesn't work too well with the client plugin.

Can't make heads or tails of it.
Got the 4.7 version, but the instructions may as well be written in spanish. lol

Oh well..the map is working...2 gigs just the overworld. :O .. we have been busy indeed
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:59:54 am by TrashMan »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Y'know, if anyone starts making major changes to the old map on their own, we'll have to set up an SVN or something to share the wealth. :p

I reorganized the OP a bit to make it more readable, and I ditched the info about that Necrogami server, since no one was using it, and I don't think it was up anyways.  I threw in Swantz's link to the old map, too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:29:32 pm by Mongoose »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I've been fiddling a bit with the old map..still can't tell if this is the trimmed verison. Didn't go exploring, was just checking to see if everything was OK.

Once I figure out how to install and work World Edit I'll trim it, optimize it and maybe re-upload it.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I've been looking for workarounds (via google, don't know much about networking myself) but havn't found anything yet, since most of them involve getting into the router settings which are password protected. If you have something I'm all ears.
this is a great way to get expelled, fyi

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
SERVER IS UP NAO KTHXBAI.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Okay, the Mineception idea was pretty good.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Slight problem though. Can't use any beds in the old world since they are guarded by doors which we can't open coz we are "not permitted to build". Also can't use the rail network since we can't get carts out of chests or push buttons.

Besides that it seems pretty good so far, the starter toolkit was a nice touch. And getting the old map in couldn't have been easy so congrats on a job well done ^^
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:56:04 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Speaking of Runecraft, is that transport-pad thingy supposed to be working?  Because either it isn't, or I have no freaking clue which block to right-click. :p

Also either someone griefed the storehouse on the old map just before we switched, or else that chunk got borked during the back-up.  I'd check on Swantz's copy, but holy crap 3 GB unzipped. :eek2:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:37:52 am by Mongoose »

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Speaking of Runecraft, is that transport-pad thingy supposed to be working?  Because either it isn't, or I have no freaking clue which block to right-click. :p

You have to right click on the exposed side of the block not the top of it :3
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:11:56 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Also either someone griefed the storehouse on the old map just before we switched, or else that chunk got borked during the back-up.  I'd check on Swantz's copy, but holy crap 3 GB unzipped. :eek2:
Can you see why I wanted to set up a torrent? :P

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

Can you see why I wanted to set up a torrent? :P

The storehouse was griefed.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

SERVER IS UP NAO KTHXBAI.

Cool. I hope the spawn village has some boats

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't suppose anyone has a backup lying around, do they?  I mean, it doesn't even really matter on the server, but even throwing those few chunks up would be great.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
By the way, I've set up shop in the mountains next to a large crevasse.  Fell free to come explore.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I be creeping that photo
"No"