Author Topic: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
Re: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one question did u get the link from Vgames? :P
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Nope, I heard it was available on my GameSpot RSS feed, so I Google'd for a download link and found that. Found a nice hi-speed source to download from, too - maxing out my 2.8Mbit/s download line. Should be done in 95 minutes.

You guys have no idea how excited I am. Crysis is the driving force behind the components in my computer rig today. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
meh, ill try it later when i come back from swimming contest, its looks good , hopefully my comp can handle it  :D
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster (XP); 3.2 GHz or faster (Vista)
RAM: 1.0 GB RAM or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: 256 MB
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible

I can run it... barely.  (Athlon XP 3200+, 2GB RAM, BFG nVidia 6200 LE OC 256MB, SB Live! 5.1)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Not only do I not have SP2, but my processor is a good 400MHz too damn slow! What's the world coming to!?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:nervous: Overclock it... and get SP2.  :D

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I wish my computer would handle all of  these new shiny games. :(
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Shade

Wow, except for RAM, I don't even meet the minimum requirements. Nor am I going to upgrade yet, that there is simply pushing the envelope too far, too fast. Someone needs to spend a year or so optimising their code, and then we can talk :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
From what I've heard, the game could use some optimization. :) Even on very fast systems (Core Duo, 4 GB RAM, 8800GTX) it runs below 20fps (with all settings set to very high).
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
This has to come out on the day I leave home. :doubt: Now I need to wait a week before I can play it on my main system.

I'll just run it at 640x480 if the engine is bloated, which I was pretty much expecting. I'll probably get a decent video card in a few weeks anyway after the new stuff is out and the prices stabilize. The gameplay sounds good from what I'm seeing from others.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I played the beta in multi against the devs... the game is great (graphics wise) and multi is solid. Hanv't seen the singleplayer yet.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Keep in mind that the requirements aren't always accurate.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yeah, they're usually steeper. :doubt:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Does anyone know if this demo has DRM on it?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm not sure. It may have the basic Securom, as it's being published by EA.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
EA games' requirements are rarely, if ever, true.  But, if on the off chance they are true, then I meet all the recommended requirements except for the video card (I have a 7600GT).

Besides, I'm more of an Unreal Tournament and Half Life kind of guy, so Crysis isn't for me.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
From what I've heard, the game could use some optimization. :) Even on very fast systems (Core Duo, 4 GB RAM, 8800GTX) it runs below 20fps (with all settings set to very high).

I confirm ! However, you have some sort of feeling that the demo is running well enought except when you use a vehicle.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I find the motion blur effect when you turn around very fast quite disturbing and the vehicles handle strange in my opinion.
I also noticed slowdowns when larger number of enemy are gathering...thought its quite nice to see all running in a line where I lured them by engaging and disangaging the cloak till I got them all in one close spot...then throw a granade in and let them fly ^_^

Finaly the surounding (special trees and other plants) dosn't look very good in DX9 at least I don't find it that much better then in other games that are allready out...like Farcry?!

Still its nice to see how much the nanosuit impacts the gameplay...I have to find out the shortcuts for it. I have played some parts 2-3 times. One sneeking around everyone. One going just firing at everything that moves and one useing the tactic discribed above.

I am still thinking about getting this one or not. I have played farcry with a friend when he got it and was often there to play. When the strange creatures showed up I stopped playing. Crysis is similar in design so I don't know if I would buy it...also I would need a new graphiccard first..just for DX10.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
No framerate issues here even at 1920x1200 with all settings at Very High (8800GTX/6600/2GB Ram/ Vista).  The C-17 cutscene at the beginning was a bit choppy here and there, but that's all I noticed.  I can't wait for the full release now.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.