Author Topic: Subsystem Max  (Read 988 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So, when I play a mod, I like to incorporate as many upgraded models in it as possible.  Incidentally, I've been slipping in some of the higher-poly ships into Inferno: Classic, including the newest version of the Gigas.  I can't recall if the one I'm using has been released, but it has 120 turrets and 6 reactor subsystems.  Although I've used this in an older iteration of INF:C, as I'm wanting to try the new 'voice acted' one, I've been moving my upgrades into this new folder, so I can delete the old ones.  Unfortunately, the latest build, and even the latest release build, complain about this.

The first warning I get, is this:

Warning: Number of subsystems for Ship Class 'SSJ Gigas' (93) exceeds max of 107; only the first 200 will be used

Selecting continue, gives me this:

Error: HP-Ships-shp.tbm(line 3220):
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], or [$Name], found [0.2, 1.0]

Unfortunately, my options after that, are only debug or exit, both of which end the program.  This occurs in debug or release.  I'm guessing that the first error, prevented the subsystems from being detected, so the subsystem strength and rotational data, are suddenly without context.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Are you using the right executable for the nid you've got selected?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
InfernoClassic doesn't appear to have a preferred build, but as I mentioned, I'm slipping in some higher-detailed models, and in some cases ones with different turret and subsystem quantities and layouts.  I'm commenting out in the original tables, whatever subsystems aren't present in the new models, and creating a modular table for the new or altered ones.

This isn't as much of a "there's a problem with this mod" post, as a "I appear to be hitting a code barrier, and it's causing some funkiness" post.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well I hope you get it sorted bud :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks for trying. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So I figured out what the problem was... and as always... it was me.

I've been trying to use a modular table file to try and make all of the changes in one easy to move file, that I can just swap from one folder into another, as the mod gets updated.  Unfortunately, while modular table files allow you to add or replace things from the original, they can't remove something (as far as I can see), so I've been forced (reluctantly) to edit the included ships.tbl file, and comment out entries for subsystems no longer present.  When I got to the Gigas, I forgot that the newer one, having in excess of 100 turrets, starts naming them with 001, rather than 01.  At first, I simply commented out some of the upper entries in my modular table file, so I could at least load debug FRED.  Then I looked for things I'd missed, like glowpoints, textures, missing MOI, or anything other that the debug would warn me about when I placed a ship on the grid.  During my test of the Gigas however, it mentioned not finding 'Turret01', and that's when it hit me... I had to comment out all of the turrets in the ships.tbl file, because it was trying to load all of the 2-digit ones from the table file, and the 3-digit ones from the modular table file, and that was exceeding the limit.  After fixing that, I was able to uncomment-out the ones from the modular table file, and it loaded without issues.  As I said, it was me.  When I'd used it before, I simply made my changes directly into the provided ships.tbl flie, rather than trying for a modular one.  Oops.

Anyway, now I can go on to try and import some of the Uber-detailed models from the EA pack.  Wish me luck.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's quite a story.  Could you attach the original files here?  It may have been an accidental modder error, but it should still give a better error message, and I'd like to fix that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:13:53 am by Goober5000 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Which files are you looking for, specifically?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Any -shp.tbms used in the mod, and the name of the mod that they apply to, so that if I set up the game in the same way I see the error.  The mod is Inferno Classic, right?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, the tbm file was one I was creating to import the higher-detailed models into InfernoClassic.  The Gigas model that was causing the issue, is an unreleased model that I still have from my time with them.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just attach or upload any files that are necessary to reproduce the error.  Or send the files to me privately if you don't want them on the public thread.  I can't fix the error unless I can reproduce it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok, it took me longer than expected to get back to this, but thanks to your files, I was able to fix the error message:
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/5957

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm glad I could be of some small service.