Author Topic: December status and model releases  (Read 44667 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: December status and model releases
150km, no turrets and really low poly. (250-300ish) We don't have the model anymore so don't ask for it. The Gargant would be fighting it from the outside and so would be the Icanus, though not together as allies.
At that scale you'd be able to see, what, all of three polys on your screen at once? :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
At that scale you'd be able to see, what, all of three polys on your screen at once? :D
Since it was retail FS2 most likely.

Offline CT27

I read something a while back while searching the forum on the Gargant...is it true that the Icanus' primary cannon would only do about 1% damage to the Gargant?  I just read the wiki entry on the Icanus and its main weapon was designed to crack planets.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
1% damage to one of its turrets.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Not sure, the model randomly vanishes so that it is invisible from certain angles though you can still collide with it. It only did that in nebula's though. It was a long while ago that I tried it so it may work now, I'll see if I can test it this week.

Btw, this was fixed right at the end of MediaVPs_2014 Beta phase, when HTL Sathanas was having similar problems. Nowadays all big ships should work with nebulas regardless of size.

Offline CT27

1% damage to one of its turrets.

It's a good thing the Gargant didn't make it to Sol and core GTVA systems then huh?

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
The Gargant is still in development.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gargant is still in development.
No it's not, the model hasn't been touched since the early post R1 days. It still works in FSOpen fine though.
But there's no way we'll get a HTL of that when we don't have anyone working on the Gigas which is more important.