Author Topic: December status and model releases  (Read 44667 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
December status and model releases
I'm sure that many of you have already guessed this but there's no way we'll make the originally planned 2011 release now. We had several issues earlier this year that slowed or stopped development in some areas which have caused the deadline to slip. However, I actually expected to not be as far into things as we are now once the slip occurred, so at least there is that :)

So we've prepared some stuff for this month, including a new trailer of the 'release 1' portion of the campaign, and 2 model dumps one of some of our current Shivan fighters and one of old models from previous Inferno builds over the last 5 years.

Release 1 Campaign Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lp9pxKz3EU

2011 Model dump:
These are provided as development models and so some may still require POF data and none have tables included.
http://www.moddb.com/games/infscp/addons/inferno-2011-modeldump

Old model Claymores Mk I, II+III
SJ Amritaya
SC Raguel
GTCa Warlock
GTC Bellerophon
GTB Notus
GTF Odysseus
GTB Ursa Mk2
GTB Uriel
SOF Ceyx
SOF Ophion
SOF Orpheus
SOF Benkei
SOF Tethys
SOB Lyre
SOB Wraith
SOCv Chiron
SOD Rapier

Shivan Pack:
Due to our tables requiring armour and weapons only available with the main INF mod, I haven't provided tables with these so you'll have to make your own.
http://www.moddb.com/games/infscp/addons/inferno-shivan-pack

SF Incubus
SF Mantis
SB Ojas
SB Yali

Other Stuff
We're also providing a partial ship list of the GTVA and EA fleets currently in use:
GTF Mihos
GTF Ezechiel
GTF Hercules Mk III
GTF Perseus ADv
GTF Banshee
GTF Alves
GTF Daedalus
GTB Artemis ADv
GTB Rhea
GTB Surt
GTB Euryale
GTB Boanerges
GTB Jotun
GTC Aeolus
GTC Halcyone
GTCv Deimos
GTCv Phobos
GTD Icelus
GTD Boreas
GTSD Odin
GTCa Lenaeus
GTCa Magos

EAF Claymore
EAF Claymore Mark II
EAF Claymore Mark III
EAF Stentor
EAF Aurora
EAF Proteus
EAB Aetna
EAB Peregrine
EAB Lonchos
EAB Gagana
EAC Eclipse
EAC Aesacus
EAC Soter
EACv Skotas
EACv Kyrios
EAD Lindos
EAD Tereus
EAD Basileus
EASD Nemesis
EACa Tyrannos
EACa Auriga

No non-combatants or stations as some of those are still being worked on, plus some left hidden ;)

I also added 6 new screen shots to the website:

Last final teaser:

Model by FreespaceKing, it's still a wip though.

There will be a R2 campaign trailer once I have what I need to start making it, got plans for that one :)
Expect more updates in the eyecandy thread as more models get completed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:13:07 pm by Woomeister »

Re: December status and model releases
Thx, you probably just took a couple items off my TODO list ^^

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Last final teaser:

Model by FreespaceKing, it's still a wip though.
There's already a high-poly Rakshasa. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's already a high-poly Rakshasa. :p
Which that isn't so yeah :p
Luckily the Rakshasa isn't on our 'to do list' since there's no need to thanks to FSU :D

Awesome! The much anticipated model dump of these updated ships. Been waiting for this ;) Will replace a bunch of placeholders now on my end. Hope it's not too much trouble for someone to .pof models if neccesary, I can do all the tabling and stuff myself. Once again thanks, cheers up a dull and bad day quite a lot for me. :)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
All the models are POFs, though some are really old and will need resmoothing.
There will be more dumped ships released at a later date, but these ones don't require specific maps or other things I can't give out right now.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
****ing glorious. The trailer does nothing to satiate my eagerness to play this.

Alright thanks for explaining, Woomeister. I look forward to see those other ships released too, hopefully completing the gaps of ships I've been looking for, particularly Shivan and civilian/economic based structures. Will take a good look at each of these when I get home.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline mr.WHO

I hope that you still use Holler or something as EA super heavy bomber. Gagana is nice as heavy, but it isn't badass enough for super heavy class.

EDIT:
The dumped Amritaya is pure badass. I know that it's nowhere the quality of HTL Sathanas, but I think that she deserve to be upgraded to High poly level. This thing is like pure Shivan badassery essence.

The SOC Lyre is quite interesting design too.

As for the rest, it's like.... OMG MY EYES BLEED WTF?  :), I hardly belive that couple years ago those were a quality models :)

EDIT2:
There is no link to shivan fighterpack.

BTW in trailer, when we see Vasudan fleet there is a scene from the back of the fleet (where Hashepsut is to the right 0:52)  there is a tall big ship to the left that kinda reminds the Ancient destroyer from A-S War mod - is it the same ship model?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:37:53 pm by mr.WHO »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There is no link to shivan fighterpack.

BTW in trailer, when we see Vasudan fleet there is a scene from the back of the fleet (where Hashepsut is to the right 0:52)  there is a tall big ship to the left that kinda reminds the Ancient destroyer from A-S War mod - is it the same ship model?
Ah sorry, link added

It's the original lower poly base model, the ASW version was heavily modified from the base model though.

Offline mr.WHO

It's the original lower poly base model, the ASW version was heavily modified from the base model though.

Do you plan to use ASW version? Coz ASW used some models from Inferno pack, so I don't see why this can't done in reverse way to save you some time.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Because we'd have to modify it to look like the original, they cut off the entire back end of the ship and added the ancient style engine part which wouldn't fit our Vasudan style.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Because we'd have to modify it to look like the original, they cut off the entire back end of the ship and added the ancient style engine part which wouldn't fit our Vasudan style.

...that would be my doing (the reason why its heavily modified at least, I didn't do any of the changes incoroproated into the final model). :P
But because I thought Ancients... -> TENTACLES! I chopped off the rear (from the modeldump model) and turned the supports into tentacles, and I don't think FSF ever saw the original before upgrading it and adding the ancient-style engine where I relocated the thruster points. (not that it would matter)

For all intents and purposes now, the two are entirely different ships. Though I guess I could ask FSF for the .blend of the upgrade version, which would indeed save time if we wanted a higher poly version in INF.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:44:47 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it might be possible to use that one as a base and just rebuild the back. Would be nice to upgrade it if they are willing :)

I don't think FSF ever saw the original before upgrading it and adding the ancient-style engine where I relocated the thruster points.

I did come across it once, and well, I like our tentacley version better. The engine 'mount' on the original makes little sense to me :P

Well it might be possible to use that one as a base and just rebuild the back. Would be nice to upgrade it if they are willing :)

See attachment, have fun with it :)

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
See attachment, have fun with it :)
Thanks, I'll give Rampage a heads up :)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
How the hell did I not notice this until now! This has made my whole month! It's even got that super-sleek shark nosed Claymore I've been lusting after since 2006.

I will definitely be downloading this after work.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's like an early Christmas gift, thanks a lot for this. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's even got that super-sleek shark nosed Claymore I've been lusting after since 2006.
Yeah had a few requests for those which is why I put them in :)

Offline aeon48m

• Trying to make SGWP3
    • Minecraft
Quote from: Woomeister
GTB Snuffy?  :nervous:
"Hell, ultra-AAA's are more powerfull than the sgreen, but then again, those are meant ot literaly sodemise fighters with their long powerfull shaft."