Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

SpaceX First Time Falcon Heavy Test

<< < (6/6)

HLD_Prophecy:

--- Quote from: The E on February 07, 2018, 06:49:42 am ---...late-stage capitalism.

--- End quote ---

You know the best thing to come out of the anti-capitalist spirit?

The songs.

DefCynodont119:
I'm just curious about what happened to the car's red paint.  Normally I would expect the sun to have bleached it with radiation, but from what I understand- metallic paint's pigments are pretty tough, and usually it's oxygen that destroys them first.  (And there's none of that in space)

Then again, there is a LOT of ultraviolet radiation hitting it.

Sooo. . . .

bets anyone?  :confused:  :p

HLD_Prophecy:

--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on April 09, 2018, 02:26:25 pm ---I'm just curious about what happened to the car's red paint.  Normally I would expect the sun to have bleached it with radiation, but from what I understand- metallic paint's pigments are pretty tough, and usually it's oxygen that destroys them first.  (And there's none of that in space)

Sooo. . . .

--- End quote ---

I think they would plan for it, but we'll see... :)

DefCynodont119:

--- Quote from: PVD_Hope on April 09, 2018, 05:33:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on April 09, 2018, 02:26:25 pm ---I'm just curious about what happened to the car's red paint.  Normally I would expect the sun to have bleached it with radiation, but from what I understand- metallic paint's pigments are pretty tough, and usually it's oxygen that destroys them first.  (And there's none of that in space)

Sooo. . . .

--- End quote ---

I think they would plan for it, but we'll see... :)

--- End quote ---

THIS JUST IN: https://twitter.com/dAArkEnergy/status/966075201153916929

SPECTROSCOPY RESULTS ARE IN! AND:

IT'S STILL RED!  MYSTERY SOLVED.

we can go home now.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version