Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.15.0-dev+73b131a (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 425134 times)

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.14.1 (combined launcher/installer)
It looks like the json that contains all the mods is missing for some reason.

Code: [Select]
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.14.1 on PyQt5 and Python 3.6.8 (tags/v3.6.8:3c6b436a57, Dec 23 2018, 23:31:17) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)].
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2q  20 Nov 2018
INFO:MainThread:util.call: Running ['C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Knossos\\7z.exe', '-h']
INFO:MainThread:integration.init: Activating Windows integration...
ERROR:MainThread:web.reportError: JS Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 't' of null
    at qrc:///html/dist/bundle.js:39:166392
    at Object.<anonymous> (qrc:///qtwebchannel/qwebchannel.js:353:35)
    at QWebChannel.handleResponse (qrc:///qtwebchannel/qwebchannel.js:137:42)
    at Object.QWebChannel.transport.onmessage (qrc:///qtwebchannel/qwebchannel.js:86:25)
ERROR:Thread-1:util.get: Failed to load "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/repo.json"! (404 Not Found)
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180725 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180924 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181111 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181113 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181114 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20181218 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200614 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200613 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20191223 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20191228 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20200114 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20200107 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20200119 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20200129 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200206 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200209 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200412 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-1:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 20.1.0-20200420 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
I have an issue. I updated the Knossos to 0.14.1 and well I still do not see other mods in Explore tab.  It was the same for me before the update and now it is still the same. I do not see the other mods only the mods I installed in the past.   
Am I missing some file or ? 

0.14.1 may not work with python 3.6 ootb. Check the Readme and 2 pages before this post carefully

Yeah, well, I'm on Windows and seeing the same problem.  There is no README that I can see.

I'm a noob, having just now installed Knossos (on Windows 10), and am also getting a "No mods found" when I hit explore. The progress bar sits at 50 percent for over a minute, showing "Fetching mod list...." then closes the progress bar and shows "No mods found" in the explore section.  The "Download with Knossos" buttons on https://fsnebula.org/mod also fail to do anything. Should I assume there is still a server-side issue?

I just tried my (rarely used) installation on MacOS X.  Updating to 0.14.1 produces the same problem as on Windows - I can see and update only the mods already installed.

Offline Doby69

I'm having the same problem, no mods showing. They were there when i first installed the app, but they just disappeared.  I even cleared the app and then reinstaled it. When i opened it, the mods were there, but when i hit refresh, boom! - gone. Could really use some help with sorting this out. Thanks!

LE: Just reinstalled (again) and it seems to work ok now. Hope it stays this way. I'll let you know if it crashes again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:52:10 am by Doby69 »

Offline mj3437

Did you uninstall the faulty one before installing again?

I tried that just now; it made no difference.

Looking at the log, Knossos appears to attempt to fetch https://cf.fsnebula.org:443/storage/repo.json but receives a 404 error.  Is that the "server side issue" referred to previously?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yeah I am having the same issue on windows 10, I have uninstalled it and done a re install and it has the same 404 issue and cant find any of the mods
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Oh boy what is going on
Followed instructions from anagram, page 44, reply#861 on a fresh install of Xubuntu 20.04 on a spare drive
everything worked up to 'ninja run'
Knossos 0.14.2-dev and the mods showed up.....
everything seemed to work so followed instructions to install....and the mods never showed up again. 
 :confused:

clone the master branch from github, not developer

Code: [Select]
git clone -b master https://github.com/ngld/knossos.gitshould do it

OK.  That does successfully install Knossos 0.14.1  but still only shows already installed mods.

ERROR:Thread-1:util.get: Failed to load "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/repo.json"! (404 Not Found)

I will try again later on a fresh install

Offline Rylek

• Steam
Just downloaded Knossos and wanted to do some coop with my buddy.  Having same issue of nothing but installed mods showing up in Explore tab.  It was working fine like 2 days ago, not sure what changed.  Is this still the server issues or is there something wrong with my install?

Thanks!

Offline Iido

Just downloaded Knossos and wanted to do some coop with my buddy.  Having same issue of nothing but installed mods showing up in Explore tab.  It was working fine like 2 days ago, not sure what changed.  Is this still the server issues or is there something wrong with my install?

Thanks!

I've had this issue for around a week now.

Well, the plot sickens
Fresh install of Knossos .o.14.1 on a fresh install of Xubuntu 20.04 on a spare drive
On the first run the mods all show up and can be installed.
After the first run its back no mods found, only whats  already installed is in the explore tab
So now I'm going to put the normal drive back in, get rid of all traces of Knossos, and see if I can get the mods to show up on the first run there
I will then install all the mods I want on that first run and hope this can get sorted out
It's weird
I really dont get it. If its a server side issue, why does it work on the first run
what happens after the first run that makes it not work

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Basically, as best as I can understand it from the coversations on the Discord, the "server issue" boils down to that the file that contains the "manifest" for the Explore tab has become too large to download before a safeguard for a failed connection attempt kicks in and aborts. (That may also be why during the first run of a fresh install the "manifest" downloads correctly as the safeguard is only for the check of the manifest on start-up of Knossos).

Just wait for the devs to find a proper solution to the issue. It's all going to be alright.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's odd, because even the browser will 404 on that URL, so I'm not sure why it would ever work now.  Unless the initial download uses the non-CDN url.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Well, I deleted mods.json.  For me its in my Home folder .config/knossos/
on the next run The Explore tab worked for me.  Then its broke again but that workaround is working for me