Author Topic: GTI vs. NTF  (Read 5101 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lt. Spanks

• Not A Lieutenant
The NTF's prime goal was to survive... this was not a conflict such as the one between the Terrans and Vasudans, in which both parties were attempting to annihilate one another. The NTF just needed to stay coherent and maintain at least a small resemblance of power through their military... the GTI had far different and more sinister plans
Teacher: "Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!"

Student: "Teacher... there is an exception to this rule."

Teacher: "And what is that student?"

Student: "Catching the Iceni"

The GTI wanted to renew the Terran/Vasudan war and destroy the Vasudans. The NTF (not Bosch personally, mind you) wanted to separate from the Vasudans so they could focus on getting back to Earth (or at least make Polaris a nice place). There was no BETAC back in the GTI days, so they couldn't ignore it. One of the reasons for BETAC might have been the actions of the GTI. I'd take the NTF over the GTI if I was a civilian (or Vasudan).

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The NTF's prime goal was to survive... this was not a conflict such as the one between the Terrans and Vasudans, in which both parties were attempting to annihilate one another. The NTF just needed to stay coherent and maintain at least a small resemblance of power through their military... the GTI had far different and more sinister plans

The NTF's prime goal was to prolong a bloody standoff while Bosch pilfered Ancient excavations and contacted the Shivans.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

The NTF's prime goal was to prolong a bloody standoff while Bosch pilfered Ancient excavations and contacted the Shivans.

Not to mention that Bosh was prepared to throw literally everyone under the bus to attempt a scheme which was based on the assumption that the shivans have any interest in talking let alone negotiating with another race.

At least the GTI was a good old fashioned coup d'etat aimed at the government and to a lesser extent military
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
It's really silly to me how people seem to believe here that the GTI wanted to explicitly commit genocide on the Vasudans. While it's pretty damned obvious that it was stupid, it seems like the GTI's mindset is that the alliance wouldn't last and that the war would start back up again - and that they wanted to strike first.

Seriously even though that GTI's actual objectives are vague and unstated, the most they want (inferring from the briefings and GTI's actions) was to neutralize the Vasudan's military capability as a threat to the GTA. That's it. No nebulous "vasudans are ****s let's kill off all of the vasudans" crap.

There's certainly racism (specieism?) behind their mindset/s, but they're not an army of ****ing Hitler clones.  :hopping:

And yeah, the NTF is pretty much just a giant meatshield for Bosch. He's rather happy to dispose of them once they serve their purpose (buying him time to pillage ancient artifacts and sites, as other people have said here) and once he's able to initiate communication with the Shivans.