Archived Boards > Homeworld: Blue Planet

Suggestions

<< < (2/2)

MatthTheGeek:
I didn't manage to force rotations along the Z axis in the attack styles. Granted I haven't tried very hard either.

T-Man:
One little thought that came to mind for when/if you want to put the Stealth fighters in. Assuming you can have invisible subsystems in HW2, had in mind you could give them a 'hidden' cloak generator system (code for which you might be able to grab from the vanilla HW2 module) modified to be always on and with infinite power. Then for the AWACS detection of stealth all you'd need to do in theory is transplant the detection ability from the proximity sensor and adapt the range appropriately.

All that is just theory as i'm no coder (and think vanilla cloak locks the ship's weapons too, so might be a prob) but if it does work then means relatively simple additions for when you want the stealth.

MatthTheGeek:
It's already perfectly possible to put stealth on a ship without any subsystem. Actually, every single subsystem ability can be put directly on a ship. You'll still have to manually turn cloak on after you buy the ship though, but once it's on I can give it enough energy that it remains on forever.

AWACS will naturally be able to detect stealth ships at a certain range. I can even toy with each ship's sensor strength so that some ships will have more chances to detect cloaked ships, like the Sath having a AWACS flag in FS.

Cloaked ships become visible when they attack, and cloacked again a few seconds after, that behavior I think is perfectly fine here.

T-Man:

--- Quote from: MatthTheGeek on June 26, 2012, 10:58:11 am ---It's already perfectly possible to put stealth on a ship without any subsystem. Actually, every single subsystem ability can be put directly on a ship. You'll still have to manually turn cloak on after you buy the ship though, but once it's on I can give it enough energy that it remains on forever.

AWACS will naturally be able to detect stealth ships at a certain range. I can even toy with each ship's sensor strength so that some ships will have more chances to detect cloaked ships, like the Sath having a AWACS flag in FS.

Cloaked ships become visible when they attack, and cloacked again a few seconds after, that behavior I think is perfectly fine here.

--- End quote ---

Oh awesome. Sounds like you've got a much better system there :) (I sort of like the idea of having to switch it on; can imagine someone wanting to use the "now you see me..." line :D).

crizza:
apart from the infinite energy while cloaked it's the way stealth works in Homeworld2 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version