Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FringeSpace

Tachyon Installation problems....

(1/3) > >>

Mike Blaster:
Hi,

I used to play Tach many years ago and now I'd like to reinstall it from my CD but here's my problem. Autorun works fine and pops up but when I click Install Tachyon, nothing happens. In the process list, setup.exe shows up, but no matter how long I leave it there, it never starts. I tried running setup.exe directly from TFFSETUP folder on the CD but the same thing happens. After that I downloaded an ISO image to make sure that it wasn't a defect on the CD but again, setup.exe stalls. It doesn't even pop up. I can see it in the processes, but nothing happens. I try to install it under Win 7 x64 home fr edition and would like to hear a solution from someone that had this problem and solved it.

Thanks

JGZinv:
Not sure you're going to find someone else with the same problem. It might have happened way back in the day,
but we don't have tens of thousands to communicate with in order to ask.

Some thoughts though to start with.

Have you tried running the install exe using any of the compatibility modes?
Can you copy all the files locally to your drive, then run it?
If you have an ISO, can you mount it in daemon tools and run it?

I might be able to get you a downloadable installer if all else fails, but it sounds like some sort of
trigger or plugin is failing along the way. The question is what or which one?

It does work on x64 7 among several others, so this is a unique case.

As a side note, space.exe is the game, tachyon.exe is the launcher which you will have to run once.

Mike Blaster:
Hi

--- Quote ---Have you tried running the install exe using any of the compatibility modes?
--- End quote ---

Yes and nothing happened (admin and XP SP2 mainly in case you'd want to know)

--- Quote ---Can you copy all the files locally to your drive, then run it?
--- End quote ---

Didn't try this

--- Quote ---If you have an ISO, can you mount it in daemon tools and run it?
--- End quote ---

Yes and the same thing happens

--- Quote ---I might be able to get you a downloadable installer if all else fails
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by downloadable installer...

JGZinv:
ie a not from disc or iso copy, actual download installer exe.

rocknroll237:
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have another Tachyon question.

I recently reinstalled the game, ran the patch, the base wars arena mod and the Option 1 graphics mod. I configured the glide wrapper configurator like it said in the readme.

Everything's running okay, but how can I run the game in 1080p? I don't see an option for it in the glide menu. Another thing, the mouse won't go to the far right of the screen (1280 x 1024 selected in glide wrapper) so I can't select certain things in the in-game settings menu like object detail, draw distance and tex quality.  Is there a way to prevent this? If not, could you tell me what the max settings for the object detail, draw distance and tex quality are so I can put them into the tachyon.cfg.

Finally, how do I run the game windowed and if I were to install nglide on top of this glide wrapper configurator, would it be okay?

Thanks very much,

rocknroll237

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version