Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Modding Tutorials

Briefing and Shield ANI tutorial

(1/2) > >>

NeonShivan:
Hello HLP. I'm currently wondering whether or not a tutorial for creating briefing icons and/or shield icons exists and if so, where can I find it. Thanks!

Kobrar44:
For general ANI information. For shield icon you might need to know the order of the quadrants methinks, so I suggest reverse engineering one of he existing shield icons.

mjn.mixael:
The biggest hangup for you is going to be getting the pallet right... I tried creating this to help out since it can do the pallet automatically, but I'm not yet convinced it works on anyone's machine but mine. One of these days I'll convert it to some other language that's more transferable.

Droid803:
Just use photoshop and paste it over something indexed to the correct pallet for that.
Has about slightly >50% chance it works on the first try like a charm, never worry about it again. (and slightly <50% chance it inverts the pallet, in which case you're fuuuuucked).

GL;HF.

mjn.mixael:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on February 15, 2013, 12:57:24 pm ---Just use photoshop and paste it over something indexed to the correct pallet for that.
Has about slightly >50% chance it works on the first try like a charm, never worry about it again. (and slightly <50% chance it inverts the pallet, in which case you're fuuuuucked).

GL;HF.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... I really hate when Photoshop inverts the pallet... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version