Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FringeSpace

Looking for some lost files

<< < (2/7) > >>

Guibaesa:

--- Quote from: JGZinv on August 29, 2017, 10:24:46 pm --- There's quite a lot of issues in the files.

--- End quote ---

After a lot of try and error, I manage to fix some of the problems, or at least make them less troublesome. The main problem (for me at last) was located on the CFG files. I made some progress in preventing the game from crashing when you are exiled, as well as successfully added a new ship (The Enforcer) to the game without the need of replacing another ship with it. thanks to those files that you posted I manage to gain access to all the files I needed (With the exception of one single menu PCX file for the demon pirate ship). Now im focusing mainly in two things how to fix the bug that prevents Armaan Patrioli to show up in Dark space so I could sell him my contraband and finding a way to make the enforcer and the demon land on a pad properly without entering inside of her (The most difficult problem of all DX).

JGZinv:
Mission events there is no means of editing that I am aware of. We don't have an editor for the Novalogic format that controls that.

As far as ships dipping into the landing pad, I fought that with the Nighthawk in my mod pack for like 2 weeks. It's based on increments in some value, so there's very little range that it moves.
I can't remember if it's in the ship itself DES or the overall player ships file, which may be a BIN I think. I'm trying but I really can't remember. That's going back 3-4 years.

Guibaesa:
Yeah. As I said, I haven't managed to fix some bugs but make them less troublesome. Inside the enforcer DES file, on the [CONNECT] line, if you set LAND_POINT to 2, the problem doesn't go away, but it makes it makes some improvement on it. The ship still enters the landing pad but now it doesn't reach the camera point. The weird thing is that when I tested with other numbers (1,3,4,7 etc...) the problem persists or even gets worse. I have no Idea why.

As for the BIN files, Im still looking for a tool to decrypt them. If I manage to modify one of this files that are encrypted in RTXT, such as SHIPTEXT.BIN, I would be able to do something about it. At least, I could add custom ship biographies for the new ships I'm working on.

JGZinv:
That sounds right on LAND_POINT, try a float, like a number with a decimal place.
I have the hawk at 25, but my own guess is that after looking at the dummy points most likely there are only so many markers in the model files (say 8 for example)
that were built in for the purposes of docking, even if the ship wasn't going to be a player ship. It was probably just part of the model process for them.

When you combine the various points, it makes a docking path, and the engine just moves the player ship sequentially. Which is probably why they yank the controls from the player.

Guibaesa:
I tried up to 99, only 2 works, somehow DX. Wanna know something weird when I edited the landing point on the demon pirate ship it works almost perfectly when I set it to 5, but when I set the landing point of the enforcer to 5 the problem gets worst. I managed to find 12 different landing points from 0 to 12. beyond those, nothing seems to change.

As you can see, it make almost no sense, it's been maddening. >:C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version