Author Topic: Ubuntu window mode  (Read 911 times)

Offline toth

Hi at all,

i have not found any thread or command-line flag regarding my "problem".

When i start the fso-engine in fullscreen or in fullscreen-window(which doesm't seem to be working properly)
i cannot reach the right and bottom end of the screen, seems like there is some kind of border to the cursor
and the resolution doesn't seem to be right either.

So i decided to play in window mode. No issues with that, graphics look fine etc, but i would like to set the size
of the window because it seems to be only 800x600 and thats a bit small on a 24" screen.
Any suggestions how i can afford a bigger size of the window in window mode?

It's been a while since i last wrote in english, please feel free to ask if something is not understandable.

greets
Toth

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I haven't heard of the problem with fullscreen & the mouse that you describe. 

Also, as far as I know fullscreen-window only works on Windows.

Lastly, to set the resolution in window mode you have two options.

1) Use wxLauncher and set the resolution on the 'Basic Settings' tab
2) Use the command line flag '-res 1440x900', and replace 1440x900 with whatever resolution you like
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

When i start the fso-engine in fullscreen or in fullscreen-window (which doesm't seem to be working properly) i cannot reach the right and bottom end of the screen, seems like there is some kind of border to the cursor and the resolution doesn't seem to be right either.

Hmmm, are you sure you set the correct screen resolution in wxLauncher (the way niffiwan said)? It could be related to your fullscreen issue as well.

Offline toth

i use the yal-launcher and there seem to be some issues because settings are not completely written in the config-files, so i do this manually.
the resolution command-line flag solved the issue with the small window, thx a lot.