Author Topic: Possible to compile on Linux?  (Read 9338 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Possible to compile on Linux?
Is it possible to compile PCS2 on Linux? I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, and I think I have all of the required libraries for PCS2 installed.  Whenever I try to compile PCS2 using SConstruct, it gives me this error message:
Code: [Select]
redacted@redacted-desktop:~/Downloads/PCS2$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o BSPDataStructs.o -c -g -Wno-deprecated -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ BSPDataStructs.cpp
BSPDataStructs.cpp: In member function 'vector3d BSP_FlatPoly::MyCenter(std::vector<vector3d, std::allocator<vector3d> >)':
BSPDataStructs.cpp:273: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'vector3d&' from a temporary of type 'vector3d'
vector3d.h:153: error: in passing argument 1 of 'vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d&, vector3d&)'
BSPDataStructs.cpp: In member function 'vector3d BSP_TmapPoly::MyCenter(std::vector<vector3d, std::allocator<vector3d> >)':
BSPDataStructs.cpp:442: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'vector3d&' from a temporary of type 'vector3d'
vector3d.h:153: error: in passing argument 1 of 'vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d&, vector3d&)'
scons: *** [BSPDataStructs.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
redacted@redacted-desktop:~/Downloads/PCS2$
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: Possible to compile on Linux?
Supposedly. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone has actually done it in quite a while at least with GCC 4.4.

Anyway, this is as far as I got tonight, I will take a another stab at it tomorrow after I figure out what exactly dae.h is for and where to find it. I will poke The_E and see if he has any insight (as he has apparently got it to build on windows at least).

The following patch fixes your two errors, plus another two that are about a different function committing the same badness.

diff --git a/model_editor_ctrl.h b/model_editor_ctrl.h
--- a/model_editor_ctrl.h
+++ b/model_editor_ctrl.h
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@

#pragma once
-#include <wx\wx.h>
+#include <wx/wx.h>
 #include "pcs_file.h"
 #include "primitive_ctrl.h"
 #include "omnipoints.h"
diff --git a/vector3d.cpp b/vector3d.cpp
--- a/vector3d.cpp
+++ b/vector3d.cpp
@@ -102,14 +102,14 @@ vector3d average_vectors_if_less_than_angle(int numvectors, float angle, vector3
 //****************************************************************************************************************

-float Magnitude(vector3d &vec)
+float Magnitude(vector3d const &vec)
 {
        return (float)sqrt(vec.x*vec.x + vec.y*vec.y + vec.z*vec.z);
 }

//****************************************************************************************************************

-vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d &one, vector3d &two)
+vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d const &one, vector3d const &two)
 {
   return MakeVector(float(double(one.y)*double(two.z)-double(two.y)*double(one.z)),
                                        float(double(two.x)*double(one.z)-double(one.x)*double(two.z)),
@@ -151,7 +151,7 @@ vector3d FigureNormal(vector3d &one, vector3d &two, vector3d &three)

-float VectorMagnitude(vector3d &v)
+float VectorMagnitude(vector3d const &v)
 {
        return Magnitude(v);
 }
diff --git a/vector3d.h b/vector3d.h
--- a/vector3d.h
+++ b/vector3d.h
@@ -118,7 +118,7 @@ inline bool no_nan(vector3d&vec){
        return no_nan(vec.x) && no_nan(vec.y) && no_nan(vec.z);
 }

-float VectorMagnitude(vector3d &v);
+float VectorMagnitude(vector3d const &v);

std::ostream & operator << ( std::ostream & os, vector3d &vec);
 std::istream & operator >> ( std::istream & in, vector3d &vec);
@@ -150,9 +150,9 @@ float Abs(float n);
 vector3d AverageVectors(int numvectors, vector3d *vects);
 float Angle(vector3d &v1, vector3d &v2);

-vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d &one, vector3d &two);
+vector3d CrossProduct(vector3d const &one, vector3d const &two);
 float dot(vector3d&A, vector3d&B);
-float Magnitude(vector3d &vec);
+float Magnitude(vector3d const &vec);
 inline bool null_vec(vector3d &a){return a.x == 0.0f && a.y == 0.0f && a.z == 0.0f;}

vector3d average_vectors_if_less_than_angle(int numvectors, float angle, vector3d src, vector3d *vects);
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay, PCS2's dependencies on Windows are as follows:
1. wxwidgets
2. The colladadom package found here. I am not sure if that is part of any distro's package manager.
3. The devIL library
4. SDL
5. The "boost" collection (although I am almost certain that the things we're using from boost can be found in the colladaDOM pack above).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Those are the easy fixes. The fun part is templated inheritance and the things gcc expects that VS doesn't. And of course the lovely
error: overloaded function with no contextual type information

Edit: I've pushed my changes so feel free to try it out for some more exciting errors.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:01:42 am by Spicious »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
yeah linux compatibility hasn't been worked on in a while, and i'm still being slow getting geared up for full development again because i'm helping my wife get to level 80 in WoW on our new server.
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It's now possible to compile on Linux.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
has this been committed? is there even a place to commit to yet?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It's committed to git://alliance.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/alliance/PCS2

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
is it just me or is there no make file?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It uses scons. Once you've got it installed it's
scons <target>where the targets are pcs2 and pcs2d for release and debug builds, respectively. If you omit the target it builds debug by default.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Has anyone tried this?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Has anyone tried this?

I just tried to compile on linux (Ubuntu 09.10 x64) and the build fails with:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lminizip

I have tried to find a minizip library, but the only thing that I have found is that minizip is a utility binary that is shipped with zlib and that is seems to be a requirement of collada, but as far as I have been able to tell, they don't say where to get it from.  As such I am not sure what exactly the linker is looking for, but I have not looked any further into the problem.  I will leave that up to the ones that actually understand what pcs2 is actually doing.

I have pasted the build log below if it is of any help.

Code: (Full build log) [Select]
linuxbuild@buildserver:~/building/pcs2$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o debug/AsyncProgress.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/AsyncProgress.cpp
g++ -o debug/BSPDataStructs.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/BSPDataStructs.cpp
g++ -o debug/BSPHandler.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/BSPHandler.cpp
g++ -o debug/COBHandler.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/COBHandler.cpp
g++ -o debug/DAEHandler.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/DAEHandler.cpp
g++ -o debug/FileList.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/FileList.cpp
g++ -o debug/MOI.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/MOI.cpp
g++ -o debug/Main_Panel.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/Main_Panel.cpp
g++ -o debug/POFHandler.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/POFHandler.cpp
g++ -o debug/VPReader.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/VPReader.cpp
g++ -o debug/ase_file.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/ase_file.cpp
g++ -o debug/color_options_dlg.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/color_options_dlg.cpp
g++ -o debug/combo.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/combo.cpp
g++ -o debug/editor.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/editor.cpp
g++ -o debug/geo_sphere.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/geo_sphere.cpp
g++ -o debug/matrix.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/matrix.cpp
g++ -o debug/matrix3d.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/matrix3d.cpp
g++ -o debug/obj_file.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/obj_file.cpp
g++ -o debug/ogl_vertex_buffers.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/ogl_vertex_buffers.cpp
g++ -o debug/op_stack.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/op_stack.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs2.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs2.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs2_filethread.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs2_filethread.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_file.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_file.cpp
debug/pcs_file.cpp: In member function 'void PCS_Model::RenderGeometry_vertex_buffers(int, TextureControl&)':
debug/pcs_file.cpp:2037: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
debug/pcs_file.cpp:2038: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
debug/pcs_file.cpp:2061: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
g++ -o debug/pcs_file_dstructs.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_file_dstructs.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_pmf_ase.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_pmf_ase.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_pmf_cob.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_pmf_cob.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_pmf_dae.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_pmf_dae.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_pmf_pof.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_pmf_pof.cpp
g++ -o debug/pcs_pof_bspfuncs.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/pcs_pof_bspfuncs.cpp
g++ -o debug/tex_ctrl.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/tex_ctrl.cpp
debug/tex_ctrl.cpp:143:1: warning: "ILUT_USE_OPENGL" redefined
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
debug/tex_ctrl.cpp:159: note: #pragma message: *****DevIL exeption handeling not implemented for thsi platform! see the top of tex_ctrl for details*****
g++ -o debug/text_ctrl.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/text_ctrl.cpp
g++ -o debug/vector3d.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/vector3d.cpp
g++ -o debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp: In member function 'void wxGL_PMFCanvas::draw_omnipoints()':
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp:530: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp:614: warning: taking address of temporary
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp:633: warning: taking address of temporary
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp:636: warning: taking address of temporary
debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.cpp:639: warning: taking address of temporary
g++ -o debug/wxPCSPref.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/wxPCSPref.cpp
gcc -o debug/GLee.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/GLee.c
g++ -o debug/compat/FE_GR_ogl_functable.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/compat/FE_GR_ogl_functable.cpp
g++ -o debug/compat/filelength.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/compat/filelength.cpp
g++ -o debug/compat/strncmp.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/compat/strncmp.cpp
g++ -o debug/versions.o -c -g -DUNIX -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DILUT_USE_OPENGL -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -D_DEBUG -I/usr/local/include/colladadom -I/usr/local/include/colladadom/1.4 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 debug/versions.cpp
g++ -o pcs2d -pthread -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions debug/AsyncProgress.o debug/BSPDataStructs.o debug/BSPHandler.o debug/COBHandler.o debug/DAEHandler.o debug/FileList.o debug/MOI.o debug/Main_Panel.o debug/POFHandler.o debug/VPReader.o debug/ase_file.o debug/color_options_dlg.o debug/combo.o debug/editor.o debug/geo_sphere.o debug/matrix.o debug/matrix3d.o debug/obj_file.o debug/ogl_vertex_buffers.o debug/op_stack.o debug/pcs2.o debug/pcs2_filethread.o debug/pcs_file.o debug/pcs_file_dstructs.o debug/pcs_pmf_ase.o debug/pcs_pmf_cob.o debug/pcs_pmf_dae.o debug/pcs_pmf_pof.o debug/pcs_pof_bspfuncs.o debug/tex_ctrl.o debug/text_ctrl.o debug/vector3d.o debug/versions.o debug/wxGL_PMFCanvas.o debug/wxPCSPref.o debug/GLee.o debug/compat/FE_GR_ogl_functable.o debug/compat/filelength.o debug/compat/strncmp.o -lGL -lGLU -lxml2 -lpcre -lpcrecpp -lminizip -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lIL -lILU -lILUT -lcollada14dom -lwx_gtk2ud_gl-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_richtext-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2ud_core-2.8 -lwx_baseud_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseud_net-2.8 -lwx_baseud-2.8
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lminizip
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [pcs2d] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
linuxbuild@buildserver:~/building/pcs2$
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Yeah, that's an annoyingly obscure thing to find. It's included with the Collada dom source. Instructions are here: from the dom directory, make project=minizip.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Does anyone care about this?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Does anyone care about this?
In what sense?

In the sense of can I use it? No. 

But I have been able to get it to build on linux which was what the OP wanted to do.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
In the sense of does anyone actually want to run this on Linux?

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I would possibly appreciate it in the near future, if that counts.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nx

In the sense of does anyone actually want to run this on Linux?

Well, I use wine, so I don't really care as long as that works. But it doesn't. (And it doesn't redraw the 3d view properly either, but that's a minor issue.)

Edit: Never mind, I found a newer version in Spicious's sig and it works.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:30:18 am by Nx »
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'm sure there's some interest in getting it running on Linux, but probably more in getting it running on OS X.  I happen to have a Mac with a Ubuntu VM so I can test both on it :)

I'll probably take a shot at getting an environment set up on these systems soon.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Remembered I was planning to look at this the other day, was any progress on Linux/Mac made yet?  Just don't want to duplicate any effort.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays