Author Topic: BP: "Darkest Hour" preview  (Read 30299 times)

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Re: BP: "Darkest Hour" preview
The Sanctuary's "chaingun" notwithstanding, it would be eaten alive by GTVA forces. Beam cannons would pwn it severely.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:10:07 am by Rick James »

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline mr.WHO

How many advance GTVA ships defected to UEF after the end of BP1?

Will Vasudans aid GTVA or the will be neutral ?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
How many advance GTVA ships defected to UEF after the end of BP1?

Will Vasudans aid GTVA or the will be neutral ?

If the Solace defects, I'm a happy man. :D

The Vasudans will probably side with the GTVA at first, but if a group of them, preferably high-level officials on some kind of joyride, are captured, given a lengthy outlook of things and then released, they may switch sides instead.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Darius

If the Solace defects, I'm a happy man. :D

Sorry to disappoint you. The Fortune defected after a coin toss between them to determine which of the logistics ships captains would go over. :P

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Fortune is also an Anemol? :confused:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yes. There were 2 logistics ships.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, I thought there was one.

I'm still happy. :D

Somehow, I find myself attached to the GTL Anemol, for whatever reason. Such a craft would probably be of great use in the UEF.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:24:59 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Fairly well, if the Orion of FS2 is any judge. And hey, since it was a sleeper ship, the internals were already mostly ripped out, making any necessary interior remodeling easier.
But the FS2 Orion upgrade was developed during a time or relative peace (albeit littered with political instability) while the Sanctuary was upgraded during a time when one wrong move would get you exterminated by the Shivans. I'm pretty sure the Sanctuary wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as any up-to-date GTVA ships.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
*snip*
Yet I feel that since the Sanctuary survived for such a long time hiding from the Shivans, I'd think its weapons systems, once patched up, would be pretty formidable.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
*snip*
Yet I feel that since the Sanctuary survived for such a long time hiding from the Shivans, I'd think its weapons systems, once patched up, would be pretty formidable.

Keyword: hiding. The Sanctuary only survived because it avoided direct confrontation. I think it would need a pretty massive upgrade to its weapons before it posed a serious danger to more modern warships.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Keyword: hiding. The Sanctuary only survived because it avoided direct confrontation. I think it would need a pretty massive upgrade to its weapons before it posed a serious danger to more modern warships.
Like retro-fitting that 'chaingun' with torpedo launchers on each of those cannons. :D

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Like retro-fitting that 'chaingun' with torpedo launchers on each of those cannons. :D
Or just chain-railguns. :nod:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Remember, alternate-Eriana is a Sanctuary crew member. We really don't want that ship destroyed.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
But the FS2 Orion upgrade was developed during a time or relative peace (albeit littered with political instability) while the Sanctuary was upgraded during a time when one wrong move would get you exterminated by the Shivans. I'm pretty sure the Sanctuary wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as any up-to-date GTVA ships.

I'm not proposing it would, merely that it would be entirely possible and even easier than normal to upgrade it further.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Topgun

are steve-o's ships going to be used in bp2?

Offline Droid803

Quite obviously a yes.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Remember, alternate-Eriana is a Sanctuary crew member. We really don't want that ship destroyed.
Ship-Guardian will handle that!!!!

Offline Droid803

Or if you fail the mission if the Sanctuary dies. :P
Which means its invul-ed, since you need to restart.
(´・ω・`)

Or if you fail the mission if the Sanctuary dies. :P
Which means its invul-ed, since you need to restart.

Or we could see a mandatory O SHI- I  die regardless of your efforts event. Colossus, Psamtik, Galatea, Trinity, Iceni style. But it really is a cliche in FS so hopefully Darius avoids repeating it.  :p

I like the idea of the UEF more than the EA of Inferno simply because it shows more diversity. Undoubtedly 50 years of separation would make the two factions differ in combat style. 

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I like the idea of the UEF more than the EA of Inferno simply because it shows more diversity. Undoubtedly 50 years of separation would make the two factions differ in combat style. 
Just so that you know the EA has had railguns long before BP.