Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82449 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: *UPDATED January 16th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
We need just such a voice (female, less than thirty). Could you read a few of the non-cast things in first post and email those in? I'll take a listen and see about throwing a major role your way.

SUP GUYS

erm. Most of you might not remember me. I do perky-pilot-who-gets-shot-down voices and I did a tiny supporting role in AoA. I regularly fall off the face of the HLPlanet to get back to my main hobby as a singer/songwriter, but one of my friends started co-spazzing about FS2 cutscenes with me and I remembered...

I will sit around & await female roles needing someone who sounds no older than 30 yrs old. :P

also, because I realize I've been AWOL-- celira at gmail, in the future.

Oh God, are you really Lira Yin? Wow:D I love 'Love' :D

Are you going to VA 'The Blade Itself' as well?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Oh, ****, forgot about that. Probably should.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!

Oh, ****, forgot about that. Probably should.

:yes:

There are a few minor roles in that mission IIRC. In addition to the Alten Orde and the captain Genedy.

Katana Gunnery Control, Katana Flight Control, Tactical(command), Sirmak Station, and some misc fighter wing messages.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yep. Plus the Triteia.

Is the audition list still accurate? Plan to submit for Kassim and maybe Zero/Xinny and Captain Mence.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Those would all be fantastic. Go for it.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I still have that Ken and Gef Marine audition sitting around, but my email address doesn't like IssMneur's email, apparently. >_>

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I still have that Ken and Gef Marine audition sitting around, but my email address doesn't like IssMneur's email, apparently. >_>

!! ****. I thought I had emailed you that I found them (at the end of January).  I just haven't had enough time to get to yours (though looking at the list, yours, conveniently, is next).

It seems that GMail didn't like the archive that you were sending. I found your audition on a mail server in the path to GMail, so I tried rezipping the files or unzipping them or something, I honestly don't remember now but it worked that time. 

Sorry.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Ohlol, don't worry about apologizing.  I'm just glad I don't have to go looking for them again. :P

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I am currently trying to organise a joint venture with Iss Mneur and the BP team to get the Fortune Hunters Trilogy voice acting project on track again.
There are still missing main characters and tons and tons of smaller ones. 34 missions are no piece of cake.
I ask all BP voice actors, both new ones as well as people who have already finished their part, to take a look at Fortune Hunters, you would really do the FH-team a favor if you would help us out with a few one-liners or minor parts. Maybe I even find the missing main characters here?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=66772.0

(hoping this will not get buried fast)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
A worthy cause, please go check it out.

Just registered not too long ago because I stumbled across this page whilst trying to do do some troubleshooting on WIR.

Been a Freespace fan for a long time, played the original back in the day when it first came out, had to tell everyone about how awesome it was and needed to be played. I am a causal gamer that waits for the really good games to delve into and it comes at no surprise to say that the Freespace series is one of the games that I chosen to get into.

I played through Age of Aquarius and loved it - I would compare the effort and success to that of the original as it finally explains the origin and purpose of the Shivans and gives a huge, deeper meaning to the entire Freespace universe.

Getting to the point, I took a look at this thread and I cannot look away. I admired the amount of effort and grim voiceovers in AOA and have wondered about its' sequel. Would love to see if there is a significant part available as I fell I have both the desire and professionalism to put into such a wonderful effort and imagining and I feel I may have something to offer to all of this.

I haven't quite fathomed the whole casting list as of yet but I did read over some witted dialogue and I really like it so far.

I would like to see if there is a part for a younger yet more serious male pilot/captain that would reflect my age and demeanor. I wouldn't want to oversell any part and want to give the appropriate delivery for the job but I can be quite coherent and natural sounding. I'll re-post when I see a role that catches me eye - forgive me for saying but it is all a bit difficult to read; I'll do my best.

So how does this work? Do I just post here or should I email the moderator of this project?

:D

!!!

Offline -Norbert-

Just as it's explained in the first post, pick whatever lines you want to audition for (preferable those not yet cast, or only tentatively cast), record them in either wav or ogg and then send them via E-Mail to ISS.mneur.
You can contact [email protected] with your questions or updates on your progress.
This thread might also prove helpfull: Tips for aspiring voice actors.

Thanks. :D

Just sent some work to the OP.

Well, this has dragged me back to these boards! I voice-acted for Derelict (over a dozen roles, if I remember right) a few years ago now and, after starting up War in Heaven, I figured I'd love to get back into this saddle. I'd love to try out for Kassim (a role I've always loved the idea of performing!) or the Ranvir CO - according to the OP they are still available, is this correct? I'm Australian (with some theatre/drama experience!), so, I hope the accent isn't a problem!  :p
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:33:00 am by Azrael15 »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yes, the OP is the current status of all roles.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, this has dragged me back to these boards! I voice-acted for Derelict (over a dozen roles, if I remember right) a few years ago now and, after starting up War in Heaven, I figured I'd love to get back into this saddle. I'd love to try out for Kassim (a role I've always loved the idea of performing!) or the Ranvir CO - according to the OP they are still available, is this correct? I'm Australian (with some theatre/drama experience!), so, I hope the accent isn't a problem!  :p

Please give them a shot!

So I know you probably get this a lot, but are there any updates as to the completion percentage for VA on WiH?  Also wanting to drop some love for the work that has been done, this series is incredible and I personally blame the dev team for making me not log into Eve to update my skills  :lol: