Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82444 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: *UPDATED January 16th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
The big hangup now - with the primary team busy working on missions and IssMneur busy with awesome IssMneur stuff - is that there is no one to generate scripts and send them to the voice actors.

Offline -Norbert-

With generating scripts, do you mean adding those <professional clipped tones> or <near panic> pointers in front of the lines?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes.

Also, sometimes, contextual lines other characters speak.

Thanks for the quick response, I have been plugging this mod to people at another forum I frequent due to the near universal lament that there will most likely never be an "official" freespace 3, although tbh with the level of win that this mod has, I do feel like I am playing FS3 :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Awesome! Care to link the thread?

http://www.failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=719&p=40955#p40955

Its not a large thread yet, but I am hoping to change all of that

Where do I sign up for the voice acting?

No signup, just email IssMneur with your audition pieces. Follow the first couple of posts' instructions.

Oh God, are you really Lira Yin? Wow:D I love 'Love' :D
ahahaha, yeah, I am! glad you like. I hopefully have better releases coming up in the future. Small internet/world!

anywho-- been hard-pressed for free time and/or sounding dramatic without my roommate being in the apartment, but I'll try to get some lines out this week.

Internet is small indeed, I found DJ Eco on another forum a couple of weeks ago;)

OT I guess works here go slowly... Will we get info from IssMneur if he choses us to voice acting?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
OT I guess works here go slowly... Will we get info from IssMneur if he choses us to voice acting?
It will continue to go slowly until August when I don't have any more course work to do.

Yes, you will get an email from me if you are chosen, but becuase we haven't officially cast anyone yet, I have not sent out any emails about this.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

I'm going for Solaris control. But I find it rather difficult to get "in character" if I don't know the context. Also, I kinda feel silly trying to talk to my computer. I feel like I need to yell, but I'll get stared at. >.>;

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, the lack of context directions on the script has been a major holdup - we need people to help add them but don't have the manpower.

Is there a full script somewhere?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes. Would you like to take a crack at it? Some of the roles are already done so you have an example of how to work.

Hell yah. Give me something to distract me towards doing reading for my upcoming final. Seems I only do well in school if I have something ELSE that I should be doing too. Ass Backwards right?

You can send it over aim, yahoo, or msn.

Leuthesius, Leuthesius, or Leuthesius at Gmail dot .com

I could out with the script, too. I've got a lot of time on my hands. :)

Offline borizz

I'm Dutch, so I can pronounce Leeuwenhoek like it should be pronounced. Would that be a mind**** for the native English speakers here, hearing Dutch in an English sentence? Also, the ship is named after a Dutch historical figure, does not mean its comms officer speaks Dutch.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's the space future - maybe English and Dutch have merged! Pronounce things as well as you like in whatever accents you please.

Offline borizz

I don't do accents (well I try to when I DM a D&D 4e game, but I fail hard at it), so if Dutch word in English sentence is fine I'll think about getting my mike setup again.

Alternately I can record how Leeuwenhoek is pronounced so that someone who actually can voice-act worth a damn can use it as a guide.

I want to single out for special attention and honor Mongoose, Kolgena, Renegade Paladin, and bigchunk1, who submitted a line for almost every role, including the women. You are our transvestite champions. Keep it up.
Hey, the only reason I submitted lines for Shuduhune was that I was originally told the role was open to either gender and had already recorded for it when that was changed, so I just threw it in with the rest anyway rather than scrap the work.  :P  You're very welcome. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein