Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82439 times)

Re: *UPDATED May 17th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
Hello, HLP! I just wanted to post here stating that I would like to voice a minor role, but I'm unsure of which roles have already been accepted, considering the OP says most minor roles are cast. I'm new to voice-acting so I'd like to try one of the roles with 2 or 3 lines.

Also, this thread is 19 pages long :P, not sure if this has already been answered before.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hello, HLP! I just wanted to post here stating that I would like to voice a minor role, but I'm unsure of which roles have already been accepted, considering the OP says most minor roles are cast. I'm new to voice-acting so I'd like to try one of the roles with 2 or 3 lines.

Also, this thread is 19 pages long :P, not sure if this has already been answered before.

Do anything and everything in the first post that doesn't say 'cast' next to it.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Oh, this is still being worked on? That's good news.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I honestly don't know. I submitted my auditions over a month ago. I know they were recieved, but they still haven't been processed yet, or I haven't recieved an email about it.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Probably just busy. I'm pretty sure that as long as it's not finished, it'll be worked on.

I honestly don't know. I submitted my auditions over a month ago. I know they were recieved, but they still haven't been processed yet, or I haven't recieved an email about it.

I'm sitting on six months here lol.

I think Mineur (their casting guy/gal) has a lot of real life stuff going on

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
No offense but maybe get somebody else to do it then if he can't handle the job at the moment?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes, but unfortunately it's not like any of the rest of us are doing much better. :(

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Between real life, SCP, and wxLauncher unfortunately I haven't time to process auditions.  Don't worry though, as long as you have gotten a "received" email, I will get them processed soonTM.

No offense but maybe get somebody else to do it then if he can't handle the job at the moment?
None taken, but that would be up to the Blue Planet Team.  The consolation is that winter is coming, time for much work :D
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

I found the receipt email again.

... maybe Yahoo had a problem with its internal search function?

Offline bloated

hey guys just wanted to post that I'm really interested in doing some voice work if you guys still need more ppl.

have microphone and all just let me know what software you want and send the dialogue and I'll do it.

thanks for the opportunity, was reluctant but having played Blue Planet I really think it would benefit from getting MS voice replaced with real ppl.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
The standard party line is "More auditions are always welcome"
The software isn't as important as the format of the recordings. You should record in .ogg format. Audacity can export in this format.
Make sure you follow the file naming conventions listed in the original post.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline -Norbert-

They also accept .wav, though those will need far more space and thus you can't send as many at once (unless you upload them on your webspace and only send a link in the e-mail).

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
They also accept .wav, though those will need far more space and thus you can't send as many at once (unless you upload them on your webspace and only send a link in the e-mail).
Don't put them in a webspace for me to download.  I will make you send them to me again attached to the email.  If you need to send me a hundred emails so be it (though let me know before hand).

When I process the auditions, I don't always have internet access.  Also, because I use IMAP the mailserver itself has a backup copy of all auditions.

The standard party line is "More auditions are always welcome"
The software isn't as important as the format of the recordings. You should record in .ogg format. Audacity can export in this format.
Make sure you follow the file naming conventions listed in the original post.

Exactly.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline -Norbert-

Then I must have gotten that mixed up with AoA VAing... Sorry.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Then I must have gotten that mixed up with AoA VAing... Sorry.
No problem, I should really put that in the OP.

Offline Magpi

Haven't voice acted in so long, I'm getting the shakes!

Will submit some minor lines soon as I'm not in a house full of sleeping people, but my heart belongs to Noemi. <3
I would rather be void of purpose than have the void be my purpose.

Offline Darius

That would actually be pretty awesome.  :D

Offline CaptJosh

I'm embarrassed to say that despite my best intentions, I haven't finished the one remaining line recording for an audition that I was trying to make. Work has been kicking my ass, you see. However, I'll try to get it done after Thanksgiving. I can't do it this coming weekend because I'll be out of town away from my main computer visiting family.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Haven't voice acted in so long, I'm getting the shakes!

Will submit some minor lines soon as I'm not in a house full of sleeping people, but my heart belongs to Noemi. <3

Omg. I'm your biggest fan. Hoping to hear your voice again in this installment (and future ones!).
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it