Author Topic: ETAK?  (Read 1508 times)

I've just found something intresting from the SECRET file transmitted from the predjet tech description. inportant bits in bold.

Cursory analysis of these schematics, transmitted from a crippled Sudan logistics vessel by an unknown high-ranking source and labeled as a 'gift from the enemies of your enemy', suggest it is a design for some form of miniaturized quantum pulse transmitter. Accompanying the schematic is a vast and enigmatic database of what appear to be signals in an extraordinarily complex and information-dense code. Computer analysis reveals no recognizable coherent grammatical structure to these codes, and any extended contemplation of their meaning seems to trigger fatigue, anxiety, headaches and audiovisual hallucinations of a disturbing nature.

and from the Bosch description

He constructed the ETAK quantum pulse device using information from GTI's Project Nagari stolen from Vasudan sources.

Intresting
May the Force be with you

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Whoa wait, is there a different description for Bosch in BP? If Nagari was mentioned in retail, consider my mind blown.

(Pretty sure it's just a BP thing though...)
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
There's a different description.

Offline -Norbert-

I never noticed before, but there is something about the secret device's text that bothers me.
Neomi is suppesed to keep the thing secret and as far as we know she did that...
So how to explain this part : "any extended contemplation of their meaning seems to trigger fatigue, anxiety, headaches and audiovisual hallucinations of a disturbing nature". This couldn't be the result of a computer analysis and Neomi had many of those symptoms without the device anyway.
I mean she can't just go to random people, put the code in front of them to see what happens and then refuse to tell where she got those disturbing things, from without raising some eyebrows.
Or did the Fedayeen listen in on the supposedly secure channel and copy all the data for themselfs too? They did say that listening was their speciality afte all.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Or the contents of her ship's computers were checked after the sortie like they should have been?  There are dozens of ways for the UEF to have gotten that information whether she wanted them to or not.