Author Topic: Thanks and questions  (Read 1449 times)

Hey Blue Planet Team!

First i want to express, how grateful i am for playing youre mod.
the new release is incredibly awesome! i love Blue Planet more as any other mod i have ever played!
But here my questions:

1. Do you gonna bring Voice Acting for the rest of Blue Planet?

aand 2. Do you gonna make Blue Planet Act 4 and 5 as said earlier? Cuz the story is really wide open at the end of act 3.

i was really confused cuz this release yet is called bpcomplete so im wondering if theres coming more.

really hope you all do more of it, i love BP *__*

Greetz, Zeraphim

Offline rance

Hey, I'm not part of the team but I believe they will now work on Act 4 and 5, then Voice Act 4-5 and then start production of Blue Planet 3. I think they've just made BPComplete to have Freespace Blue, AoA, War in Heaven and BP3 all in one download.

hmm yeah would be nice.... but i would like to read some officional statement from battuta or darius or other nice guys from the team :)
its totally clear to me that the team must be exhausted of this hard workd of the awesome rework, but i hope they will release the new acts as soon as possible, i would like to play new stages of the war :)  sometimes i play around with fred and build some random battle scenes (e.g. what if... story etc.), but im some noob in fred, so the action is a little short and not as nice as the story hehehe.. :D 

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We'll do Act 4/5 next time we have the energy and time for a dev sprint. This release ate up our big fall sprint (which happened because my antidepressants kicked in, woo pharmacopeia!)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If someone generates a script for Act 3, broken up by role, with good stage directions and filenames for each line, I could begin contacting actors about getting the lines in. Script generation is a huge holdup on the process.

Then I'd have to pay the actors and actresses again. I can probably manage.

would be nice if it happen soon (not too soon cuz i know the release is fresh as hell xD)  but im glad all went well :)  dont give up i know u guys do your best to show us the best that can be done with the freespace engine. btw, i like the sound actors of WiH1 but i must say, that the Admiral Byrne Actor is very quiet sometimes. my sound at speech is almost as maximum but all other actors speak loud and clear but i have to spin the sound wheel of my box higher each time the command briefing of Byrne is playing.
but all in one your work is fantastic (just like to say that i liked the old GTD Titan a bit more ^^")

Offline Aesaar

If someone generates a script for Act 3, broken up by role, with good stage directions and filenames for each line, I could begin contacting actors about getting the lines in. Script generation is a huge holdup on the process.

Then I'd have to pay the actors and actresses again. I can probably manage.
Well I'd started doing this until someone decided Act 3 needed rewrites. :p

Offline rance

General Battuta if you need any help with the development of Blue Planet or need donations to fund your efforts, please post a thread and I'd be happy to help. Regarding the script we could create a google doc so people could collaborate on it's creation. Regular backup of the doc should prevent work being undone by greifers or trolls, however I doubt our corner of the internet warrants that much attention.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:33:43 pm by rance »

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
General Battuta if you need any help with the development of Blue Planet or need donations to fund your efforts, please post a thread and I'd be happy to help. Regarding the script we could create a google doc so people could collaborate on it's creation. Regular backup of the doc should prevent work being undone by greifers or trolls, however I doubt our corner of the internet warrants that much attention.

It really doesn't get much attention.