Author Topic: Unrecognized Subsystem  (Read 1265 times)

Unrecognized Subsystem
Having an issue with subsystems that is crashing the game, wondered if anyone else has seen this. Running Ubuntu 14.04 with a 3.7.3 debug. Error log attached but the highlights are below. Works great until the flying part of the first mission  then mouse and keyboard are dead. Going to get the nightly build  of 3.7.3  in case that has something to do with it.

Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'vortexa', believed to be in ship gate.pof
WARNING: "Not all subsystems in model "gate.pof" have a record in ships.tbl. This can cause game to crash.  List of subsystems not found from table is in log file." at modelread.cpp:655
Subsystem path01 in model was not found in ships.tbl!

Loading model 'florence.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'Fighterbay', believed to be in ship florence.pof
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret01' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret02' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret03' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret04' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret05' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret06' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret07' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
WARNING: ""salvo mode" flag used with turret which has less than two firingpoints subsystem 'turret08' on ship type 'UEM Florence'. "salvo mode" flag is ignored" at ship.cpp:5660
Loading model 'Dropship.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'FrontPods', believed to be in ship Dropship.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'RearPods', believed to be in ship Dropship.pof
WARNING: "For ship 'UEFr Demeter', detail level mismatch. Table has 4, POF has 2." at ship.cpp:8965

Got event GS_EVENT_END_GAME (4) in state GS_STATE_GAME_PLAY (2)
SOUND: sound/ds.cpp:1311 - OpenAL error = 'Invalid Operation'
Unloading in mission messages
proBoxOff called

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: Unrecognized Subsystem
The "unrecognized subsystem types" are no big deal. It just means the game doesn't have any special functionality (such as movement in case of Engine subsystems) for those types of subsystems.

I believe what's crashing the game is the OpenAL error.

EDIT: Hmm, the checksums for your bpc-core.vp and bpc-fs2blue.vp are different than mine.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Darius

Unrecognised subsystems have tendency to crash FSO at times and it's good practice to sort out. Should be fixed soon.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
EDIT: Hmm, the checksums for your bpc-core.vp and bpc-fs2blue.vp are different than mine.
Both those VPs have been updated since release. Go grab them again.

Running Ubuntu 14.04 with a 3.7.3 debug.
Unless you're really looking to actively hunt and squash bugs, don't use a debug build. They'll only kill performance and trip over issues that release builds usually manage to ignore and keep playing.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras