Author Topic: Missing textures in UT2 and final cutscene  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Missing textures in UT2 and final cutscene
The title probably says it all, but allow me to detail, with pictures.

Also missing some SFs and the Azrael.

Behold, the twitchy Iceni. Given that it's not supposed to move, I consider it reaching that position an achievement. It even twitched as it jumped out.

Missing Artemis and Karuna.

I wonder..

Also missing Sanctuary, Anemoi and Preserver, but I forgot to take pictures. Also missing Comm Nodes, Lilith and Asuras (can't remember its name) and got an incomplete Moloch on Shivan tech node. Probably missing more Vishnan ships, but I wasn't paying attention.

As for the cutscene, which I both loved and found quite weird:

Missing Karunas on the right side.

Also, is it me or is that Hecate incomplete?

I also realised I whined too much and didn't praise your efforts at all. I love the added music, dialogue, logs, the obvious voice acting, and I'd like to thank you for the effort you put into rereleasing this masterpiece.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:29:04 pm by Makhpella »
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

Re: Missing textures in UT2 and final cutscene
You got off lucky.

This is on my laptop:
https://youtu.be/WvTRsiWhZpI

My pc is even worse:
https://youtu.be/tpTNOfKMhCE

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
I almost posted a 'feels bad' Pepe. Almost. I didn't have any other graphical issues until UT2. You should post a log and wait for the friendly tech support to assist you.

Yeah, maybe I came over as a bit negative. Wasn't my intention. I totally love everything they created and I appreciate all the work that has gone into Blue Planet.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
No, that's not what I meant. I meant to say I'm sorry you can't replay probably the best part of current WiH content. Must have introduced too much sarcasm.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What we need from you guys is a debug log running that particular cutscene. That error just should not happen, not without the game crashing left and right; The only explanation I can come up with is either corrupted vps (which the installer can check), or something going wrong during shader compilation (which should cause the engine to fall back to safer render modes).

That said, you could try the no_glsl commandline switch from the troubleshooting section of the launcher.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Uhm, I downloaded the latest nightly (was using November 4th one) and the Karunas appeared in end cutscene. I also enabled all graphical settings in the launcher, but I'm fairly certain that was not necessary (unless you enjoy watching Deimos fire on Deimos in Icarus, as I do). Will also play UT again.

I had these exact same issues.

Offline Doko

Also experienced great darkness skybox, twichy ken in capella and that strange looking hecate. Karunas were fine though

I have also seen the hecate with some missing textures

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
All right, so the latest nightly didn't fix the Great Darkness skybox where a nebula should have been, or the twitchy Iceni. Going to replay using a debug build, if someone could remind me where the log can be found, that would be great.

I also have this guy's issue. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90858.0

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The skybox and the Iceni are on purpose. The nebulas were glitched and just didn't work - at least on my end.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Oh. Thanks for your reply, General. I had no issues with the nebula except when I had all graphics features on in the launcher. I couldn't see the jump node and failed UT once. Although I think I only had that problem once I started using the nightlys, worked fine with 3.7.2. But I don't actually know how they're supposed to work, so nevermind.

But...What was wrong with the Iceni?

Nothing is wrong with it, that's how it's supposed to behave. It's unsettling and drives home the point of just how alien it is. The dreamscape is having trouble translating something like a collective mind of Bosch and his admirals into something Noemi can understand.

At least that's how I see it, but that behaviour is definitely intentional.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Logrus

I'll add couple of symptoms:
1) Nauticus looks quite strange to me.
2) Durga is missing textures and looks like a bunch of glowpoints in missions.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:53:31 am by Logrus »

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Nothing is wrong with it, that's how it's supposed to behave. It's unsettling and drives home the point of just how alien it is. The dreamscape is having trouble translating something like a collective mind of Bosch and his admirals into something Noemi can understand.

At least that's how I see it, but that behaviour is definitely intentional.

That actually makes sense. I was going to mention Al-Da'wa being the same as Ken, then I remembered that even though it may be a similar entity on some level, it is man-made, and human understanding and usage of Nagari and Shivan minds is limited. What the Shivans did to Bosch and his officers though, we can only imagine.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I wonder if all these missing textures are some kind of memory problem...

I was thinking the same thing, because the bug only shows up in what are probably the two most intensive missions (although I think someone else has mentioned the Icarus cutscene as featuring it too?)

Also, and I'm not entirely sure on this one but I think I'm remembering right, there are some ships being replaced with Ulysses fighters in Tenebra. I think it's the Gaian reinforcements in the asteroid mission (supposed to be the Claymore bombers, right?) and the Gaian person in the dreamscape (I think they were represented by one of the Gaian capships?)

@Azrael15
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.