Author Topic: Main FS2 Campaign missions with Blue Planet assets  (Read 2435 times)

Main FS2 Campaign missions with Blue Planet assets
Hi everyone,

I am curious and just want to ask how many of you all have modified the main FS2 Campaign files with Blue Planet assets? (as in mix the normal FS2 ships/weapons with Blue Planet ships/weapons)

Example is Freespace 2 Blue SM3-01 Return to Babel, where the GTCv Lemnos was deployed to provide TAG support

Post/Share here if you guys want to showcase your modified works

These can be:
1) Change the fighter type/loadout in mission (such as making a ship/weapon previously not available in a mission)
2) Upgrade/Nerf the existing ships in mission (such as increasing firepower or improving hitpoints)
3) Add a totally new outcome to the mission (such as including a Blue Planet TEI/UEF ship)
I'm a great collector of mods, 73 and counting! Ask me for the list.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Main FS2 Campaign missions with Blue Planet assets
Out of curiosity, what did you modify on SM3-01?

Offline -Norbert-

Didn't someone overwork quite a few missions of the FS2 campaign to have UEF ships in them already? I think I remember played something like that from the Tech room a while back, though I'm pretty sure that tagging mission wasn't part of it.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Yuu might be thinking of this awful thing I did with FSPort missions when WIH first came out.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74566.msg1473915#msg1473915

Offline -Norbert-

Ah yes, I think it was that. ^^

I can't say for sure on account of it being so long since I played it (or any FS2 for that matter), but I think I had fun with it back then.

Offline crizza

I changed some missions with Tev assets... Just doing this without some tweaking stats and so on leads to a shivan slaughter...
I admit, it was changing weapons loadout, strikecraft and the likes, but it gave me the first ideas where I want to end up with my own minicampaign leading to an upgunned Phoenicia(Titan configuration) and Vengeance (Erebus configuration).
Needles to say, Capella era ships with TEI weaponry makes the campaign a cakewalk, while Bearbaiting still leads the Pheonicia to jump out. Sidenote: Changing the Hecate to a Titan had me having an invulnearable capship, halfway through warpout being disabled and sitting there like a dead object :D

Out of curiosity, what did you modify on SM3-01?

Oops, should be SM3-03, SM3-01 is Bearbaiting Mission, my bad General Battuta  :lol: :banghead:

Actually, SM3-03 is already inside Freespace 2 Blue, in your files, this mission has an extra Deimos corvette, designation Lemnos.

P.S. "Just my personal opinion for that mission, I thought there would be a Vasudan cruiser/corvette deployed to provide TAG support, since this is a Vasudan operation."

Yuu might be thinking of this awful thing I did with FSPort missions when WIH first came out.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74566.msg1473915#msg1473915

That's it, I just wanted to see the creativity of blending newer ships with old missions. Just a thought of how it might have gone tho, I kinda got bored after playing the standard missions over and over again, so I just want to find out how many of you guys have the same thinking as me. You can share here if you have some works you want to showcase.
I'm a great collector of mods, 73 and counting! Ask me for the list.