Author Topic: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline emark4

Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?
Been wondering how things have been going for blue planet. I've just started going back to playing war in heaven and on the back of my mind, I always wondered if this would ever be completed because this mod is just sooooo goooood!. This mod ain't dead is it? Or is it like... on hold or something?

Offline Aesaar

Re: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?
The team usually does most of its work when at least one person can work exclusively on it for a month or so.  The last time that happened, we did the VA for Acts 1 and 2.  We haven't had time for one of those sprints in a while though.

Offline emark4

The team usually does most of its work when at least one person can work exclusively on it for a month or so.  The last time that happened, we did the VA for Acts 1 and 2.  We haven't had time for one of those sprints in a while though.

So I guess it's on hold then for now due to RL.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It could get done at almost any time with a solid 4-5 months of work. But I dunno when the bug is gonna bite again and drive me FRED crazy.

Offline emark4

It could get done at almost any time with a solid 4-5 months of work. But I dunno when the bug is gonna bite again and drive me FRED crazy.

Uhh... care to elaborate General?

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Even from my experience (albeit less impressive) that FRED bugs is sporadic as all heck.
Team Member for FotG

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

It could get done at almost any time with a solid 4-5 months of work, but I don't know when I'll be struck by the motivation and spare time to do 4-5 months of semi-fulltime FRED.

Offline emark4

It could get done at almost any time with a solid 4-5 months of work, but I don't know when I'll be struck by the motivation and spare time to do 4-5 months of semi-fulltime FRED.

Okay, 4-5 months does sound like a long time.

Couldnt other people that know how to FRED be able to take over FREDing duties or something?

Offline Cyborg17

• A-1 Supar
BP missions are some of the most complex that the modding community puts out.  There are a few that possibly could do it, but they have their own projects themselves that they would have to decide themselves to take a break on.  They would also be less familiar with the modpack, how they do their messaging, and what story elements to emphasize. So you would have to tack on an extra month at the very least.

And they would need the same kind of drive that Battuta is talking about to finish in a similar time frame.

Yes BP is awesome, but honestly the only thing we can really do is to have some patience and play some of the other awesome mods out there while we wait.

Offline emark4

BP missions are some of the most complex that the modding community puts out.  There are a few that possibly could do it, but they have their own projects themselves that they would have to decide themselves to take a break on.  They would also be less familiar with the modpack, how they do their messaging, and what story elements to emphasize. So you would have to tack on an extra month at the very least.

And they would need the same kind of drive that Battuta is talking about to finish in a similar time frame.

Yes BP is awesome, but honestly the only thing we can really do is to have some patience and play some of the other awesome mods out there while we wait.

Well... At least there is bombe3man's Friends and Foes mod , with a part 2 hopefully on the way.

Unless bombe3man could do BP act 4-5.

Damn, I wish I could write and FRED...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Couldnt other people that know how to FRED be able to take over FREDing duties or something?

Darius, me, and Axem do the FREDding. Any of us could push missions forward but all of us have lots of **** going on. And usually missions turn out best when all three of us are tagteaming them.

Offline emark4

Darius, me, and Axem do the FREDding. Any of us could push missions forward but all of us have lots of **** going on. And usually missions turn out best when all three of us are tagteaming them.

Cant say I blame you guys. You must have been lucky to even have the chance to push out act 1-3 at the time. Maybe one day that chance will happen again.

BP Act IV, V, BP3.

I want to believe.