Author Topic: Release: Launcher FS_OPEN Linux  (Read 19398 times)

Offline tracker

Release: Launcher FS_OPEN Linux
Hello all

The Launcher Linux work good, but we are some problemes with the command for the ShroudingTheLight mod. And somes troubles with Multiplayer options.

download -> http://cjoint.com/confirm.php?cjoint=mzw1UXbKmi

Some screenshoot:

By Zehirmhann
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:39:01 pm by tracker »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Release: Launcher FS_OPEN Linux
The Launcher Linux work good, but we are some problemes with the command for the ShroudingTheLight mod. And somes troubles with Multiplayer options.

Nice work guys (Although this topic should probably be in the main SCP or Cross Platform forum.)

Exactly what problems are you having with Shrouding the Light?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline tracker

STL doesn't work I've tested all command ........ But Nothing works
Can you tell me if I can put all Files in my STL folder, And which files I has to stick in my folder stl
please.

Future release in progress

Offline tracker

Can you help us, we are some troubles with this:
We tested several commands but none work
These options are really important ?

-smart_shields       :don't work
-UseNewAI       :It did not recognize
-output_sexps       :don't work

And if you can give us some informations onto these commands,We did not put them for the moment

DYN 
POF
C-BMP, BMP

thank you
S-RAM
V-RAM

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
-smart_shields       :don't work
-UseNewAI       :It did not recognize

Both depreciated. They should have always been table options and as far as I know they are now.

-output_sexps       :don't work

You sure? Select it again and run the game. Check if Sexps.html has been created.

Offline tracker

ok thank you  karajorma

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No problem.

In fact I think I'll post a link in the Beyond the Red Line readme so that once it's finished we can let the linux users of that have a go with it too.

Offline Shade

Nice work there I'm sure there's a lot of people who could use a linux-based launcher :)

One question though, not having the ability to actually check myself at the moment: Do you pull the text from a seperate file, or is it compiled in? It would be nice to have support for other languages (not the least, English), as while I know quite a few people here can actually get by when reading French, I'm sure there are equally many who can't. An external file would make it easy for anyone who feels like it (and has the language skills) to provide a translation which you could then distribute along with the rest.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Hi, i am the developer of Hodierna (the release of the launcher). (..excuse my english ;°)  )

For the translation, i'll just give a text file for translate (and i would integrate that for one launcher by language) , because i think that there is not an enough large project for use gettext.

For the moment i work on the remember of buttons state.

But if you want nevertheless the graphical release(en), for wait : http://download.yousendit.com/96B9EA8B76F4BFBC    (3.1 Mo)
Untar.gz it in your freespace directory container fs2_open_r. And just run it.

good year   ;°)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:26:18 pm by echantillon »

Offline tracker

Thank you very good work .
T'es champion elle est nikel

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
This is what i've been waiting for a long time :) Thank you, now i am one step closer to getting rid of windows. Although i have learned how to compile source, i'll stick with the launcher either way. Things of course is still easier if you don't have to compile source. I'm all up with the .deb and .rpm automated stuff and binaries :)
Still thank you, i've already ordered a whole bunch of controllers that are compatible with linux, aside from n64 multiplayer in linux, now i can have fs2 multi, of course i'll have to use wine for lego star wars 2...but you get the idea.
Is the english translation or still in development?

err what the hell am i smoking? Of course i'll still have to compile this is only a launcher for a program :pimp:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:53:59 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline ni1s

OMG! This looks awesome!

No links works thou, and would it be possible to release to source? or maybe point us to a cvs/subversion repo somewhere?

Offline ni1s

I'm curious, what libs are you using? Looks like GTK+, wxGTK perhaps?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
err what the hell am i smoking? Of course i'll still have to compile this is only a launcher for a program :pimp:

Not necessarily, if you have a system that can use pre-compiled builds* you don't need to even touch the source - in theory.

*which, of course, is defined by computer's horoscope (the time when it was put together), air humidity, attitude of stars, the Moon and the Sun as well as how hard you click the icon. Ie. you can't know if a precompiled build works or not after you try it. After trying, you will have to compile your own build from the source anyway. :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline tracker

hello use this like

http://download.yousendit.com/E83063B84538C9A8

paste all files in your freespace2 folder

The sources code were delivered once the totally finished launcher
Can you give us your remarks of the launcher please?

excuse my english i'm french

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:37:52 pm by tracker »

Offline ni1s

Can you give us your remarks of the launcher please?

Looks awesome, but I'm not sure about all the images thou, if anything they should give some visual explanation of the options.

I would love to help you out on this, I've been fiddling with some wxGTK code for a while in an effort to construct a launcher for us linux user.

Hello;

so, i did'nt all understand! but the principal.

For sources, i'll give you that when Hodierna will be just very usable (thus now !)
It necessary to know that i am not an experimented programmer. I started programmed on the idea to make this launcher (originaly coming from Traker) for learn.
Know nevertheless I apply to provide a good code. Now if you want it : http://download.yousendit.com/A4D5C655614212D4 
Don' t be too sever

ni1s : Hodierna is programmed in GTK/c.
For moment, i d'ont need help for implementation because hodierna is an easy program to code.
But a need help for that :

1: Important : I'm not sure that image that i use are open. So i can' t make Hodierna on the gpl licence and distribute it.
 I thus seek images which are well, and open.
 For options menus; images are in 611/287 px and for the spash has 791/349 px
 Give me your ideas if they are in this size  ;)

2: To improve tooltips.

Release : http://download.yousendit.com/FC9FEC2C0851B62B the first named with version  :p
enjoy

if you have suggestions, questions, remark; sink ! I am reagent in this moment.

edit: The tar.gz source contain all of the project file, including the glade file.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:42:03 pm by echantillon »

Offline ni1s

give me bubbles of improved assistance
I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here, but that expression is awesome. Kudos to you for coining it!

I'll help wherever I can.

and taylor, if you're reading this, what's up with the up'n'coming launcher you mentioned earlier?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:23:13 pm by ni1s »

Arff..

I speak about the assistance when the mouse stop on options . How say you that ?

and : "and taylor, if you're reading this, what's up with the up'n'coming launcher you mentioned earlier?"  i d'ont understand this question!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:30:36 pm by echantillon »

Offline ni1s

tooltip - n
Definition: a small rectangular pop-up window that displays a brief description of a toolbar button when a computer mouse lands on that button; also written [ToolTip]