Author Topic: Freespace Upgrade 4.6.x Discussion Thread  (Read 3099 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Freespace Upgrade 4.6.x Discussion Thread
Starts here. It will take a few hours for the upload to hit Knossos. It's late and I'm going to sleep.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:48:34 am by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Re: Freespace Upgrade 4.6.x Discussion Thread
I played Fall of Epsilon Pegasi to try out MediaVP 4.6.  Impressive

Offline CT27

Thanks for all the work you do on this MJN. 

This deserves a highlight at the top of the forum page.

Can't get 4.6.3 for some reason...I got the "partially installed" error. However, I tried verifying file integrity but the process never started when I hit the button. I also tried to see if I could run 4.6.3 to upload a debug but the game never started. 4.6.2 gave me all the options to play and what not. Is there a way to fix this or should I wait for 4.6.4? There is also another weird thing: 4.6.3 needed to be DLed again but the "partially installed" bug still showed up  :confused:

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Do not think, that this is 4.6.X specific, as that model was not changed here, afaik.

But in a livestream i watched last night, i saw a turret bug on the GVC Mentu. The target brackets on both top front turrets are offset to the turret model.
You have to hit the hull ~10 meters behind the Turret to actually damage it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:48:13 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Just a thought that always bothered me for years on every play through

Shouldn't the NTC Trinity be labeled GTC Trinity on the ship hull?

1) Romeg's lie that the ship was GTC Trinity instead of NTC is especially thin when it's emblazoned on the side of the ship.  Why would he even bother?  And then sound annoyed when his little ruse had been found out. Just makes him sound stupid.
2) They state the ship defected only 10 day's prior.  Which is an awful quick time frame to repaint the ship when they have stuff to do like explore the nebula.
3) It would have made sense for a covert mission that they keep the old label if only to buy time in some possible confusion.

But just my random 2 cents.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:33:54 pm by Darklord42 »

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I think point 2 is the most convincing to me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I think Roemig was trying to pretend the GTVA didn't know about the defection of the Trinity and therefore decided to play the "I did this on my own, we stumbled into this portal and warped out without telling anybody" card. Eventually, the GTVA did find out about its (more or less) formal defection to the NTF and we all know what happened afterwards.

So yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the Trinity to display the NTC prefix in its nameplate but we're talking about a change that affected just one letter so the crew probably had the time and resources to do it themselves in the ten or so days between the defection and their expedition into the nebula system.

I don't know whether the FSU just implemented Nyctaeus' NTF reskins - those are a whole different matter. It does make sense to have proper NTF skins for the regular fleet, but the circumstances of the Trinity's defection are such that the NTF skin should not be used for this one ship, IMO.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]