Poll

Would you like to see Wing Commander discussion boards?

No, I want HLP to stay dedicated to FreeSpace only.
11 (22.4%)
No, not Wing Commander. Maybe another game would be ok.
2 (4.1%)
Yes, I'd like to see Wing Commander boards.
36 (73.5%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Wing Commander coverage?  (Read 19409 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Re: Wing Commander coverage?
give people the option to talk about WC out from under the boot of BanditAsswipe? Hell yes
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:47:35 pm by Kazan »
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

give people the option to talk about WC out from under the boot of BanditAsswipe? Hell yes

But not in an antagonistic manner, of course........

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
you obviously don't know BanditLOAF - despite his recent olive branch and supposedly unbanning all the staff - i'm still banned on completely fabricated claims that I evaded a ban and flooded the forums - which he KNOWS he fabricated - and the initial ban was bull**** as well related to his personal vendetta

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
LOAF is not everyone's best buddy, but I'd still appreciate if you would leave unnecessary bashing. Issues like Kazan's should be brought to the CIC admins directly, and if that won't work out it won't help much if you bash them here...

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
yeah.. that ban that is like 2 years old is really going to get reversed with them still believing bandit's bull**** about me supposedly hacking and flooding the forums  :doubt:

Bandit owes me one hell of an apology

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
yeah.. that ban that is like 2 years old is really going to get reversed with them still believing bandit's bull**** about me supposedly hacking and flooding the forums  :doubt:

Bandit owes me one hell of an apology

Look, we're* not considering a WC section to piss off or annoy Bandit or any other WC community, nor to 'steal' their members.  We're considering it to expand our own and encourage useful discussion and modding work.  Regardless of how annoyed you may be towrds this particular bloke, and regardless of how righteous your ire may be, we do not want people to think this is being considered for any antagonistic reason or purpose.

*hope nobody minds me appropriating the group term 'we', here

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
i never said the admins were considering it for those purposes - i said it facilitates people who don't like banditloaf's style to have someplace else to discuss things

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
i never said the admins were considering it for those purposes - i said it facilitates people who don't like banditloaf's style to have someplace else to discuss things

Yes, and I'm just making it clear that any specific-individual-based reasoning in no way had any bearing upon bringing up this option, as I'm sure the admins will agree.  Otherwise it would look antagonistic to said individual.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
we do not want people to think this is being considered for any antagonistic reason or purpose.
I'm afraid that would happen anyway, to some extent, no matter what (thus woted no).

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
yup because in Bandit's mind anybody who dare like FS2 and WC at the same time is a dirty america-hating traitor

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
we do not want people to think this is being considered for any antagonistic reason or purpose.
I'm afraid that would happen anyway, to some extent, no matter what (thus woted no).

I think so, but the key thing is to minimize that extend by being nice, polite and civil :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I'd say no. WC fanbois are almost as scary as FS fanbois :p.

However, I would support a more gradual integration, where they don't get their own seperate forum. After all, if we give them that, what's to make them integrate with the rest of HLP? We should let them come in, get used to the atmosphere here, and if they show that they're mature enough, we can open up a seperate discussion board.
I'm not saying the WC guys are immature, but bad blood runs deep between us, and we don't want a massive inter-forum flame war.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Yep, that's exactly what was done just a moment ago. There is a new category called "Other Games" and a new board called "General Discussion" under it. Other games such as Wing Commander can get their own boards if they become a very popular topic on the general discussion board. I think should cover all bases on this front. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:58:31 pm by Fury »

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Cool... I missed it but I would have voted no.

One, look at Game Warden. Due to the popularity of a certain project (Yeah a little jealous, but hey I'm Human :D ) we had an influx of members who started using the board as a BSG board instead of keeping long discussions (and spam) in the respective Sections.

We even had some of them using it as if the forums were MSN/Yahoo messenger...
(luckily Raa, I think, stepped in and squashed that...)

Two, we have the SAGA forums here already.  If there needs to be more non-FS2/WC threads then make it an off shoot of the project or have ONE thread in Other Games. After all I myself have ONE thread for Trek and ONE thread for Robotech....

It's not like we are going to get dozens of more members like GW did.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
In line with this talk of expanding the forum into areas of wider gaming, namely the greater space-sim genre, perhaps we could launch a grand project to branch HLP out to every facet of FreeSpace throughout the Internet. Not necessarily an all-out invasion, simply providing directions and signposts pointing here. Y'know, make this new, expanded HLP the true nexus of anything and everything FreeSpace, a true Internet superpower.

I want to see the mighty standard of HLP sweep across the the greater FreeSpace community leaving no FS site untouched by our munificent, benevolent power.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
In line with this talk of expanding the forum into areas of wider gaming, namely the greater space-sim genre, perhaps we could launch a grand project to branch HLP out to every facet of FreeSpace throughout the Internet. Not necessarily an all-out invasion, simply providing directions and signposts pointing here. Y'know, make this new, expanded HLP the true nexus of anything and everything FreeSpace, a true Internet superpower.

I want to see the mighty standard of HLP sweep across the the greater FreeSpace community leaving no FS site untouched by our munificent, benevolent power.

Uhm, Utopia.  :D
I think that bringing WC(WC?)fans here in HLP is a benefit. We could recruit more modders...
With an high number of members we could put pressure on Interplay for FS3.
Bringing them into the FS universe will be a priority,however. They shouldn't come here just for the WC Discussion Board,of course.
Maybe someone is Italian too...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
you just broke one of the cardinal rules  :eek:

There will not be an FS3 unless THQ becomes enlightened.  Interplay no longer exists

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Yeah! I've not been here that long, but even I know that's like mentioning the Scottish play in a theatre!

:eek:

I'm truly shocked!!!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :shaking: We have to add the holy trinity of rules to the signup page.

A- Dont mention "F..............S....................3"
B-NEVER, NEVER, Never, mention D*r*k Sm*rt.
C-Ahhh, crap whats the other one?

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
C-Ahhh, crap whats the other one?

if you run into a shivan in the airducts, it's just carl.  give him your lunch and back away slowly