Poll

What's your opinion on the design adjustment?

Like the bar, like the new BG color
21 (61.8%)
Like the bar, dislike the new BG color
9 (26.5%)
Dislike the bar, like the new BG color
1 (2.9%)
Dislike both the bar and the new BG color
2 (5.9%)
Eh? I probably need to refresh...
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Slight Design Adjustment  (Read 17286 times)

Offline neoterran

Re: Slight Design Adjustment
What's with your like for the greyed out logo all the time ? Just use the lit up logo it looks way better than what's currently up there.

Is it greyed out so as not to attract the attention of a Katyusha rocket ?  :D
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
That logo IS lit up. Or do you mean the text? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline neoterran

The whole thing... the logo text... should be lit up.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I prefer the text un-lit up. The logo lit makes it stand out and it's unobtrusive with subdued text.

Offline neoterran

It looks really dull if it isn't lit up, and it's not like you see it when you are looking at posts.. but on first impression, it looks really weak "grayed" like that.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Some ideas for the home page; a hover color for the links in the news entries, have you tried making the top-bottom-sides shadows transparent? I wonder if it'll blend in better, the logo could take less height space and look more graphical like the last or the one before :nod: thats all atm.

I changed board layout a bit, I'd like your input if this is better or worse compared to the old layout. All this change does it to make better use of child boards (also known as sub-boards). If this change sucks, I'll change it back to the old way.
The forum boards layout looks better now :yes:

I hate Opera. :p
I thought you would have built the menu and tested it in FireFox and Opera... IEs the last browser I would have applied the fixes for personally. Anyway Opera 9 is more up to scratch with standards then any other browser, but because it loads 'slowly' I use FireFox :D

The layout looks more modern which I really like and I'm looking forward to its completion. Last of all the navigation bar which whosever idea was should be congratulated, this addition I truly appreciate since I can access the rest of the site from the forums specifically. Well Done!