Author Topic: Expect downtime during the coming weekend  (Read 14483 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Expect downtime during the coming weekend
With any luck, we can finally commence moving to a new server later today. The server in question is the same that is currently hosting Game Warden. http://www.game-warden.com

Downtime, if everything goes smoothly will be  approximately 2 days and HLP will be back in business on Sunday. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Expect downtime during the coming weekend
...prepare for the worst.
Life without HLP?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I have complete confidence in the Hard Light administration that it will be back up by monday, if not then by the time i return.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Life without HLP?

Don't worry, we're capable of destruction on a far greater scale than that. We can destroy HLP and create a new community of disgruntled ex-hosted staff members!

Umm... :nervous:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That would be both scary innovative and purplexing all at the same time.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
A weekend without HLP! WAAAAAAA!

Wait, I don't come here at the weekends! ;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
So now when the server dies it takes down two of our hubs.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
All the better, maybe people actually get something done during that downtime. :p
In reality, it wouldn't be either of our choice if we could afford it.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Don't worry, we're capable of destruction on a far greater scale than that. We can destroy HLP and create a new community of disgruntled ex-hosted staff members!

Umm... :nervous:
My... My God! It's worse than I could ever have imagined!! *Jumps out nearest window*

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Understood.

Hmm, methinks I should go download some of the pages off the wiki later. Might need to refer to them if I'm playing with my tables during the downtime... :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The move is now complete, everything seems to work. Don't hesitate to inform the admins if you see something not functioning as they did before Friday. Now we just need to wait for DNS to update and point to this new server.

Offline Shade

A day ahead of schedule, nice :) Everything seems to work and is pretty responsive, tried the wiki, main page and the private scp forums and it's behaving as it's supposed to. And unlike the last server move, this time I can't see any private forums that I'm not supposed to see. Good job :yes:
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, MAJOR kudos to Fury for this undertaking. He's amazing. :yes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
This seems to have been painless.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
This seems to have been painless.

You know, that's like saying 'Looks like we're going to make it without incident....' ;)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Now that we've moved, how about we get lvlshot working hmmm?  :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Shade

Well, one problem. Minor one. The 'last post' for each forum on the index page also shows posts from private forums I don't have access to.

Currently I can see post titles from the WSC, MG, MT, BWO, TBP and TAP private forums. The posts are still inaccessible though, and the nested forums don't actually show up if I go to the relevant forum. So not a big deal... as long as noone puts anything secret in a post title, at least, as that would show up for everyone.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Well, one problem. Minor one. The 'last post' for each forum on the index page also shows posts from private forums I don't have access to.
For some reason this seems to pop up every now and then and then disappears as suddenly as it appeared. It's a small bug in SMF somewhere, or could be a side effect of using older RC2 templates.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:52:10 am by Fury »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
It was also that way before the server move, I'm pretty sure I saw a few one and were not allowed to view them.

Congrats to the quick move guys, I found no bigger problems so far (it's a little slower than before, but not so much that it would disturb)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I wouldn't exactly call that a problem. I mean, would you deny the benefits of being able to see such interesting topic titles as "Instances of rape among oranges"?

Exemplary work as always, lads. Although I really can't put my finger on exactly what they are, the small changes here and there really make the whole place a lot smoother and user-friendly. :yes: