Author Topic: Expect downtime during the coming weekend  (Read 14391 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Re: Expect downtime during the coming weekend
For some odd reason when I try to access the site via the hard-light.net name, I keep getting timeouts.

Edited my hosts file as a temporary measure to directly access the IP. Still getting (very) slow load times, but at least I can connect.

edit: shoot, it still don't work. I have to manually change the address to reflect the IP in the Address space...

edit2: Posting stuff also results in bad timeouts...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:52:28 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Probably DNS issue, old IP is cached somewhere between your browser and the server. Some software firewalls have DNS caching features for example, or it could be that updated DNS simply has not reached your ISP yet.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
What HLP moved?

Hah, I picked up a great weekend to fiddle my new PC into a working state :D
Habeeb it...

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
On Windows, Start, Execute... , type
Code: [Select]
ipconfig /flushdns

This will clear your local DNS cache
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We need to test automatic backup of HLP MySQL databases. When a database is being backed up, it is locked to prevent writes. All but forums database is done in seconds, but forums may need up to 15 minutes to complete. When forums database is locked, forums won't load. We apologize for inconvenience.

The reason why we need to test backups, is to make sure that current MySQL setup is able to properly export as large tables as 700MB without problems and tweak settings if needed.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Backing up large databases still doesn't go smoothly, meaning further tweaking of MySQL settings is necessary. We'll retry backup test at later time.